Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Power Market Specialist
ICF helps government agencies, development organizations, and private-sector companies navigate energy and climate change issues, build sustainable livable cities, and meet the area’s growing needs as it continues to flourish.
In India, the energy team has three prime verticals – Power & RE, Green Fuels and Energy Efficiency
Power and RE team, is a niche team providing advisory services to plethora of clients (government, donor to corporates) in area of power markets, power regulations, C&I market, hydrogen economy, innovative tools for RE procurement, e-mobility etc. The team believes to learn and grow with the changes in the market
The team comprises of talents across discipline from Tier 1 institutes (IIT/IIM).
We are keen to onboard an energetic and enthusiastic teammate who will become an integral part of this growing team and thrives to learn, grow and deliver.
- Perform advanced quantitative and economic analysis of energy markets globally, but with a focus on India, to assess and forecast the future of electric power and fuels markets, prices, power plant operation and valuation, fuel consumption, environmental emissions and compliance, transmission, regulatory effects, among other parameters
- Extensive data research. Responsible for maintaining a large database of energy related data that must be updated regularly. Data sources include data-providers, industry publications, regulatory agencies and web research.
- Tracking of up to date information on energy sector (particularly generation, transmission and distribution) and incorporating in existing industry databases
- Creation of new industry databases that may be required
- Exhaustive analysis of forecast and changes resulting from updated inputs
- Interface with clients on key deliverables
- Prepares documents and summaries for submission to clients
- Prepares papers and presentations for external publications
- Project Delivery:
- Contribute as a strong team member on projects – lead research, analysis and preparation of deliverables (presentations, reports)
- Support large consulting engagements and lead smaller engagements
- Provide market insights and analytically-based analyses of energy policies and markets
- Thought leadership
- Be up to date on industry developments
- Publish whitepapers on relevant topics
Skills must have :
- Good understanding about Indian power markets and regulations
- Open to pick up upcoming areas in power sector Anchor power sector modelling outputs in various platform like Plexos, SPSS and excel based
- Should know the methodology for predictive modeling/ forecast:
- Power demand, demand-supply gap, IEX price forecast, load forecast
- Should be able to develop methodology for new modelling outputs and list all required data Should be able to define the output and reasons behind it
- Should be able to do statistical analysis – correlation, regression, multi-variate linear regression, ARMA/ARIMA/time-series forecast
- Should be keen to learn new software driven models Should be comfortable with large data sets
Skills required –
Engineer/MBA from Tier-1 Educational Institute Experience of power markets/ power regulations/ power modelling (academic/ professional) Excellent verbal/ communication skills Advance excel skills and other Microsoft tools Advance IT skills including GAMS, Python, and other similar tools
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
New Delhi, India (II77)