Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Power BI Data Analyst
Power BI Data Analyst
Location: Remote | Remote, VA
We’re looking for a Power BI Data Analyst (DA) who enjoys collaborating with clients and wants to help deliver an enhanced data reporting experience using Power BI. You’ll be part of our larger team supporting utilities’ customer programs stretching across the continental U.S. This allows you to leverage the teams’ hard won best practices and approaches to guide your efforts. The growth opportunities for you will be numerous and varied since new techniques and technologies are continually entering the marketplace, needing to be evaluated and applied as appropriate. Each day you’ll be growing and evolving your skills, helping to define and evolve your team’s best practices.
As a Power BI DA, you’ll have the challenge to understand, define and expedite client requirements from across many different ICF teams. For each reporting effort, you’ll listen to what’s being requested, applying your knowledge to help frame what can and should be done so each fully meets client requirements and can be developed efficiently and at scale. Your input and leadership will be important so the team’s DA’s and developers can understand and adapt as client needs and requirements evolve. This knowledge sharing will be accomplished through documentation materials as well as presenting findings during team meetings.
While some interactions may require travel to facilitate successful scoping, local team deployments/trainings, and or client presentations, the DA role is not expected to require substantial travel. You may be required to participate in periodic drug testing and background checks.
Why you will love working here:
- Quality of life: Flexible workplace arrangements, work-life balance
- Investment of the community: Donation matching, volunteer opportunities
- Investment in you: Tuition reimbursement, access to professional development resources, 401k matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
What we need you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g., Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline)
- 5+ years of experience in a business or data analyst role utilizing Excel expertise to ensure data integrity and report quality.
- 3+ years of experience data visualization technologies, such as Power BI, including developing data visualization reports and dashboards
What we would like you to have:
- Excellent listening, written, and oral communication skills paired with an excellent sense of humor
- Ability to define, document, and lead implementation of business processes and software requirements for technology initiatives
- Experience using software tools like SharePoint, JIRA, or similar systems
- Experience maintaining and rapidly producing regular reporting deliverables for a variety of audiences
- Exposure to the utility, energy, and/or energy efficiency sectors a plus
- Ability to exercise independent judgment while effectively prioritizing and executing tasks while under pressure
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)