Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Payroll Officer - Europe and Asia (E&A) Group HR team, ICF International – Based in Brussels
Working at ICF International means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icfi.com/careers to find your next career. ICF International—together for tomorrow.
Behind every great company is a strong corporate team. At ICF International, we have one—but we’re growing and so are our needs. We’re seeking dynamic talent to help support our continually expanding organization. If you’re interested in a rewarding career in marketing and communications, contracts and finance, IT, business development, human resources, or anything in between, visit www.icfi.com/careers to explore our global job opportunities in corporate services.
This role is based in the E&A HR group with accountability of delivering a professional and effective payroll service to all employees in Belgium, in accordance with Belgian tax and employment legislation and ICF’s policies and procedures. The role will also assist and advise on a payroll migration and implementation project to move from an existing provider to a new provider.
The Payroll Specialist will need to be highly organised, with a conscientious approach and an acute attention to detail. S/he will also need to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills, including the confidence and professionalism to liaise with employees and Management across all levels and external parties such as the payroll and benefits providers for the two offices. As a team player, he/she will be responsive, flexible, quick to learn and able to plan, prioritise and manage workloads effectively.
- Be the first point of contact for all payroll related activities across two Belgium business entities
- Advise internal clients about payroll-related social law and employment legislation
- Prepare and process payroll information for all staff in Belgium to send to the payroll provider in a timely and accurate manner
- Review of the simulation payroll report produced by the payroll provider
- Maintain the monthly payroll log
- Ensuring that the time-recording process is administered correctly through payroll
- Ensuring all types of absence, including recuperation and parental leave, are accurately collated and administered through payroll
- Ensuring all new starter and leaver information is processed
- Prepare recurring and ad-hoc payroll reports to HR and Finance
- Administer and correctly process fringe benefits such as transport costs, meal vouchers and company cars
- Liaising directly with the payroll provider and be the point of contact for any queries
- Maintain and manage all employee payroll files ensuring accuracy of active/terminated files
- Liaise with third party vendors for managing the benefits – pension, mobile, internet, health insurance and lunch vouchers
- Provide accurate and timely responses to all employee payroll and benefits related queries
- Provide advice and support on adhoc payroll projects, including a payroll migration and implementation
Applicants will need to demonstrate the following:
- Fluent in English and French (both in verbal and writing skills)
- Experience of payroll related projects such as migration and policy development
- A good knowledge of Belgium employment taxes
- A good knowledge of Belgium payroll related employment legislation and its practical business application
- Excellent written and organisational skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to act with a substantial degree of independence within delegated limits.
- Able to manage a varied workload to achieve agreed deadlines without compromising quality or standards.
- Able to respond effectively to changing priorities.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to show discretion and work with sensitive and confidential information.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Brussels, Belgium (BE75)