Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Partner, Program Delivery
Reporting to the Managing Partner, PE+T Division Lead, the Partner, Program Delivery is a key member of the ICF Next leadership team and is part of a collaborative team which delivers innovative solutions for our current and prospective clients with delivery operations across US, Canada, and India. This role is the embodiment of true global cross-functional collaboration and is accountable for ensuring quality delivery to our clients. You will play a critical role in achieving our delivery capability goals and driving the implementation of delivery strategies across our Commercial Marketing Services group.
This role requires a dynamic leader with a solutions-focus to find the right balance between client demands and the needs of the business. The Partner, Program Delivery serves as a resource for the senior management team and cross-functional leads within account management and global technology in ensuring that commitments made to our clients are delivered on time, on spec and within budget, and that ICF Next continues to evolve its processes to meet the needs of a growing market and organization. This person is superb at communication and execution, able to both articulate a vision and drive work to achieve it. To that end, this role also ensures that the project teams are properly organized, staffed and developed to meet the needs of our clients and teams. This person builds bridges with other disciplines to exchange ideas, embrace a collaborative approach and solve our clients' business problems.
Ultimately, this role is responsible for the overall direction, strength, profile, outcomes and excellence of the project management and business analysis disciplines, as well as the tone and quality of the interactions and collaborations with the account management and the global technology disciplines within and outside the division.
- A leader, someone that can see the forest for the trees and help others see it too.
- Cool under pressure, a sounding board that people can rely on when the going gets tough.
- Accountable, you treat every agency project like it has your name on it.
- Collaborative, you are an expert at rallying the troops and getting them aligned.
- Process Driven, you solve problems by following, refining, and creating processes for our evolving organization.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Elevates project management and business analysis across the division and promotes a culture of excellence by:
- Inspiring the team with a strong vision for their role and ability to execute against it
- Developing and upholding quality standards that support the vision
- Promoting an atmosphere of stretching and growing skills
- Creating an environment where team members are encouraged to take reasonable, informed risks
- Building a sense of community (i.e. by organizing events and activities)
- Spearheading innovation initiatives that push our teams to do their best work
- Leads the team in developing delivery approaches that enable cross-discipline teams to deliver great work on time and on budget including use and organizational enablement of Scaled Agile Framework for Enterprise (SAFe)
- Works with other leads to develop, share and cross-pollinate ideas and best practices
- Enhances the division’s profile by seeking opportunities to provide thought leadership
Client Work and Business Development
- Is involved in top tier accounts and key business development presentations as a leadership representative of the division
- Builds relationships with key clients and helps project managers build their own client relationships
- Leads approach, scoping and solution development for select pitches
Planning, Management & Staffing
- Develops delivery process and structure for the project management and business analysis teams
- Facilitates optimal levels of staffing and utilization for the team based on agreed-upon priorities, type of work, skill needs and business justification
- Oversees the delivery health of the divisions project portfolio (financials, staffing, schedules, delivery)
- Directly manages senior level employees in the project management and business analysis domain
- Manages and mentors employees of varying levels, providing thought leadership and teaching diplomacy with clients and teams, patience and a flexible attitude
- Identifies top talent and proactively develops and implements strategies to recruit, grow and retain them
- Provides clear career paths for the project management and business analysis team and champions skill and career development opportunities
- Drives the success of performance management activities
- Contributes to the development and implementation of the division’s approach to delivering projects
- Actively promotes communication and collaboration among the disciplines in the division
- Identifies, tracks, and reports on key program delivery metrics across all delivery accounts
- Team utilization
- Client and team satisfaction
- Project delivery performance (margin, schedule, quality)
- Effective cross-discipline collaboration
- Recruitment and retention of top talent; overall discipline turnover
Your Experience & Intangible Traits:
The ideal candidate for the Partner, Program Delivery position will possess the following skills and competencies:
- 15+ years of experience managing multiple large, complex and cross functional digital projects in a consulting or agency environment, digital technology project experience required
- Proven ability to develop delivery solutions and apply appropriate project methodologies for a wide range of clients in the digital space; experience with Agile and waterfall required
- Expert knowledge of web technologies, web development processes and the delivery of solutions with strategy, experience, creative and engineering components
- Expert understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and run team meetings
- Experience as lead program director on large accounts; experience establishing and running a Project Management Office (PMO)
- Excellent ability to interface with senior leaders within client organizations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent leadership and management abilities
- Clear, compelling, and charismatic presenter in client presentations
- Ability to solve complex discipline-wide problems with keen instincts and organizational experience
- Must be able to simultaneously focus on big picture, details and driving results
- Expert knowledge of contract interpretation and negotiation
- PMP certification preferred
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework for Enterprise (SAFe) 4.x or 5.x strongly preferred
Why you’ll love working here:
- Full health benefits (100% dental coverage, prescription, vision, massages, life insurance and short term/ long term disability)
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Employee support program
- Discounted GoodLife Fitness membership benefits
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, education assistance programs
- Once we are back in the office:
- Catered Friday lunches
- Loaded snack cupboards
- Friendly community with lots of social events – from boat cruises to volleyball tournaments
- Participation in charity initiatives
Like what you see and think you’re a perfect fit? Apply today.
At ICF Next, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to creating a culture with a diversity of talented individuals who join, stay, and work in an environment that enables them to thrive. ICF Next is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
US East or Central time zone or Toronto, Canada
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Toronto, Canada (CD80)