Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Outreach Manager Mechanical Outreach Specialist
Columbia, MD | Hybrid | Greater DC Area
Job Description ICF is seeking an Outreach Manager to support a variety of commercial energy efficiency utility programs in Northern Virginia and the greater Washington DC area. The successful candidate will have the knowledge and skillset to engage the mechanical community and form strong working relationships with Sales Managers, Account and Territory Representatives, contractors, engineers, and technicians. The Outreach Manager will work with program management to develop strategic initiatives and execute outreach strategies to achieve program goals and deliver sound results. Candidate must be customer service oriented, comfortable communicating with the mechanical industry stakeholders, and attending networking events. While the position is based in Columbia, MD area, local business travel up to 50% may be required.
Why you will love working here:
- Quality of life: Flexible workplace arrangements, work-life balance
- Investment of community: Donation matching, volunteer opportunities
- Investment in you: Tuition reimbursement, access to professional development resources, 401k matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- And many, many more (Ask your recruiter for more details!)
What will you be doing:
- Working as part of a team to achieve annual energy savings goals for our clients’ energy efficiency programs.
- Utilize Energy Efficiency industry knowledge to motivate service providers to participate in programs that can reduce energy usage and costs for our mutual customers.
- Recruiting and developing strategic relationships with contractors, energy service companies (ESCO’s), equipment suppliers, manufacturers, and engineering/design firms.
- Achieving weekly and monthly targets for site visits, networking events and training seminars.
- Managing performance of participating service providers across multiple programs and creating action plans for improvement.
- Delivering effective communication through technical assistance, program training, and guidance.
- Collaborating across teams to use data analytics in outreach efforts.
- Ensuring business and travel expenses remain within budget.
What you need to have (minimum qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in (Business Admin/Management, Energy, Environmental Studies and Renewable/Sustainable Energy degrees or closely related field)
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in a professional environment
- Demonstrated experience in managing customer accounts
What we would like you to have:
- Industry certification such as: CEM, CEA, or LEED-AP.
- Performed energy audits and energy savings calculations.
- Comfortable with public speaking and customer interactions
- Demonstrated knowledge of natural-gas fired equipment
- Experience in space and water heating, building automation and energy management systems, as well as other energy-efficiency measures.
- Experience in creating and executing sales and/or outreach strategies.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Columbia, MD (MD12)