Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Outreach and Recruitment Communications Specialist | Remote
Outreach and Recruitment Communications Specialist
The Outreach and Recruitment Communications Specialist will develop and implement communications strategies and tactics in support of recruiting providers and recipients to the project and promoting and disseminating the project’s resources and services to target audiences. He or she will also provide strategic support, technical assistance, and consultation to the Capacity Building team. The successful individual supports the process of writing and disseminating the project’s key messages across various communication channels, including website and e-mail, to promote awareness of the services available and process for engaging in capacity building. Specifically, this position will provide support in the areas of communication planning, message development, web content management, communications tools and materials development, outreach, and other related projects.
- Develop and implement dissemination plans and strategies for the project’s resources and services
- Help lead communications teams and strategies to achieve the project’s communication and dissemination goals
- Develop a variety of communication tools, materials, and messaging to support the recruitment of and communication with LSPs and EAAs and promote the project’s resources and services (e.g., e-mails, social media posts, handouts, newsletters, fact sheets, briefs, intranet content, and web content)
- Conduct all activities related to recruitment and outreach including drafting communication related to new federal guidance
- Develop and maintain lists of key stakeholders and target audience contacts for outreach and engagement
- Manage and implement dissemination activities using outreach platforms, (e.g., e-mail and social media), including building and maintaining contacts, scheduling, testing, sending messages and tracking engagement data.
- Support the design, development, and maintenance of external-facing web content and internal-facing intranet content
- Track communications activities and deliverables using Excel spreadsheets or other tools as needed
- Gather and analyze relevant data for the development and improvement of communication, outreach, and recruitment products and strategies.
- Respond to inquiries or information requests from the client, the prime, and leadership
- Coordinate with rest of communication, product development, and training team on marketing and dissemination
- Coordinate client approval of all external-facing messaging and content
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English, Social Work o
- 3 plus years of experience in the field of communications, preferably within the refugee arena, including experience developing and executing broad range of communication, outreach, and recruitment strategies
- 1 plus years of experience developing presentations/slide sets and delivering presentations
- 1 plus year of experience developing coordinated communication, marketing, or dissemination plans
- 1 plus years of experience with MS Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel
- Minimum of 3 years experience working for a refugee and immigrant organizations
- Master’s degree in Journalism, Social Work, Public Policy, Communications, or related fields with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Strong understanding of communication theory and its application to strategy.
- Experience with plain language principles and writing in the federal arena.
- Experience in identifying new communications technologies and channels to strengthen communication, dissemination, and recruitment
- Knowledge and applicability of Section 508 compliance and web analytics
- Knowledge and experience designing and improving processes
- High quality control skills with superior attention to detail and the ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to be flexible, multitask, prioritize, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently
- Excellent verbal, oral, interpersonal and written communication skills, including experience with developing and delivering presentations, writing, and blogging social media content
- Ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
$66,658.00 - $113,319.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)