Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ORR TTA Subject Matter Expert (On-Call)- REMOTE
ICF is seeking a Subject Matter Expert - On Call (as needed basis. The Subject Matter Expert, Training and Technical Assistance, is an individual contributor who will be responsible for supporting activities related to the development of assessment tools, training curriculum, and training plans produced by the Training and Technical Assistance (TTA) Center and supports delivery of training to target audience. This position supports TTA Center efforts to provide high-quality TTA to care provider programs and staff working with unaccompanied migrant children in the care of HHS’ Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR). The position will contribute expertise in child welfare and/or unaccompanied children’s programs to inform development and delivery of training content. The Subject Matter Expert reports to the Project Director, with additional task supervision provided by other team members as assigned.
- Contribute to the design, development and implementation of training materials and learning products
- Contribute to tool and resource development for ORR’s Children’s Program
- Support development and implementation of risk assessment and behavioral management tools and related materials to contribute to key project deliverables
- Review developed products (e.g., design documents, instructor / participant guides, and other instructional and performance support materials) produced by instructional designers for technical accuracy and provide feedback
- Provide feedback about challenges and successes and troubleshoot any barriers encountered within the assigned tasks
- As needed, act as point of contact for the client and provide prompt, substantive and comprehensive responses to all client needs and requests
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in refugee resettlement, unaccompanied minors, or child welfare
- Knowledge of child migration, unaccompanied children’s programs, and child welfare standards
- Experience developing training materials and resources
- Direct experience working in a residential setting with unaccompanied minors
- 8+ years of work in the field of refugee resettlement, unaccompanied children’s programs, or other related child welfare role
- Specific knowledge and experience working in a clinical, management, or case management role with ORR Children’s Programs
- Experience with state and federal policies and procedures, working in complex systems, and building relationships with a wide array of stakeholders
- Experience conducting research, facilitating trainings and providing technical assistance
- Clinical licensure (LCSW/LICSW)
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well both individually and in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks while demonstrating the initiative to complete projects with minimum supervision
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Project) and MS SharePoint
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)