Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Organizational Design and Change Management Consultant
Change Management Consultant | Remote
@ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for a Business Consultant to support our Organizational Design and Change Management capability.
As a Business Consultant you will:
Act as a day-to-day support to the client teams within Business Consulting. Specific tasks and responsibilities can include but are not limited to:
- Conduct primary and/or secondary research to support final client recommendations (e.g., help design electronic surveys, in-depth interviews, research to add weight to best-in-class examples and practices).
- Understand a problem at hand to conduct relevant research and synthesize findings into succinct, clear summaries and recommendations.
- Develop and maintain project plans, lead one or more tasks/workstreams within a client engagement, reporting status, risks, and additional opportunities to project lead
- Help create final client deliverables, including: creating initial drafts of presentation slides, delivering work product on a regular cadence for review, updating existing deliverable documents and excel files, and distilling complex ideas into simple visuals or graphics.
- Serve as day-to-day support for client project teams, including: creating and updating project plans, keeping document files organized and up to date, creating PowerPoint decks, maintaining excel spreadsheets, keeping meeting notes and sending out meeting recaps, and creating meeting agendas.
- Build content for client communication and training programs. This includes heavy emphasis on written content, including email drafts for client communications (e.g., meeting notes and recaps) and content outlines.
- Support client presentations and meetings with note taking, agenda creation, and logistics.
- Work to take client-facing roles on smaller accounts. Our consultants do get opportunities to directly interact with clients as they progress in their career.
This position may support the organizational design and change management team to:
- Help capture actions resulting from confidential conversations about organizational transformation, design and talent decisions.
- Support client leads with creative ideas about how best to respond to client problems. This may include: low team morale, low team resourcing, lack of clear processes and change fatigue.
- Work with the client team in brainstorms to best solve for issues with: team efficiency, team knowledge and team dynamics.
- Produce analysis materials at the conclusion of team assessment interviews and surveys. This includes memos and PowerPoint decks.
- Build excel spreadsheets to track organizational costs and analyze components of those costs.
- Track organizational transformation progress, including maintaining excel sheets with total headcount and changes to total headcount and cost.
- Help the client team prepare for organizational design workshops, including creating agendas and managing logistics for all workshop materials.
- Assist in building content and approaches for change management strategies, employee engagement surveys, organizational effectiveness surveys, communications audits and stakeholder interviews.
- Assist in develop communications strategies to meet internal communication change management goals.
- Manage inputs for status reporting throughout organizational transformations. This includes monthly progress decks required by enterprise transformation offices, and excel sheets tracking progress.
- Manage long-term content, for example updating org chart files and job descriptions.
- Assist in developing training materials and approaches to organizational training.
As an Organizational Design and Change Management Associate you will have:
- 2-4 years of professional experience. We prefer experience in client management, consulting, organizational design, communications, or market research.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in communications, organizational design or related Business degree preferred.
- Strong presentation and communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving
- High comfort with a fast-paced environment
- Self-directed when given ambiguous goals or objectives
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite, including comfort in PowerPoint and Excel
- Advanced business acumen and analytical thinking
- Ability to travel 20%-30% of the time, once Covid travel guidance is adjusted
Interested applicants should include resume and cover letter in application.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)