Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Oracle DBA Team Lead
*We are open to supporting 100% remote work anywhere within the US.*
ICF’s Digital Modernization Division is a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, technology department, seeking a Senior Oracle DBA to support upcoming needs with our federal customers. Our team provides technical database operations, maintenance, and migration support for a significant government agency’s Oracle environment. And with those skills, our team supports our client’s varying divisions and branches to access both current and archived data.
To support our growth, we are seeking a Senior Level Oracle DBA who has experience as a Team Lead managing ticket assignments and mentoring more junior team members to help them learn. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, enthusiastic, and very customer-focused who will work cross-functionally with our client, partnering with business operations, engineering, and database analysts to maintain and optimize workflow processes; lead initiatives related to maintaining existing on-prem environments, and helping design and migrate these databases to the cloud.
You will be part of an established team of Database Operations and Maintenance professionals who share the responsibility of maintaining the integrity of on-prem Oracle Databases, and who will support the migration from on-prem environments to the cloud.
So what does all that mean to you as you consider this opportunity? It means if you’re ready to move into a role where you’re not only hands-on in the work, you are mentoring and encouraging others, and you are obsessed with responsiveness where you can communicate with and articulate the changes to our client. It means you’re the person who listens to the client and uses those conversations to lead our team’s solutions in a way that truly redefines the business for the client. It means this is a fast-paced environment – while we are maintaining an on-premise Oracle DBA, we will also be handling the migration of the client work to AWS. It means that we want to find a candidate who is interested in going the extra mile to ensure quality maintenance, helping our team succeed, bringing excitement, motivation, and an eagerness to the role – with an eye toward moving ever higher in management, leadership, and championing our work and culture!
Are you looking for growth? Truly, a career? This is that role.
Daily responsibilities include responding and assigning tickets for incidents as well as tasks and change requests in a timely manner. The individual will work within a dynamic and fast-paced environment to implement these solutions, ensuring proactive communications with our client throughout the process as well as the rest of the ICF O&M team. Candidates hired must be a US Citizen, have experience in leading a team, and preferably be certified in ACES/AWS Cloud.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work Incidents and Change Request tickets as they come into the database team queue
- Work with engineering teams across the technology organization, deliver the strategy through clear leadership/direction, influence, and integration with agile development processes
- Responsible for designing, creating, documenting, deploying, and managing the organization's data architecture
- Responsible for developing strategies for database implementation, data storage, acquisition, and recovery
- Responsible for proposing and leading the implementation of data security solutions
- Responsible for proposing and evaluating multiple design alternatives and recommending the most efficient and cost-effective solution
- Consistently use hands-on skills in logical and physical data modeling, database management, data replication, data warehousing, and ETL
- Daily demonstrate hands-on experience in Oracle relational database
- Will work with database optimization and SQL query tuning
- Providing on-call support as needed to teams and clients
- Working alongside our clients to solution
What you must have:
- Due to federal contract requirements, must have US Citizenship. Will be required to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance
- If the successful candidate doesn’t have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, we will consider 10 or more years of experience developing data management solutions and strategies across a range of industries, clients, and technologies
- 3 or more years of experience migrating various RDBMS on-premise Oracle databases to other RDMS in the AWS Cloud, 3-tier software architecture implementation, REST architectural style, SOAP protocol, and HTTP, JSON, and XML standards, as well as supporting mobile applications with AWS backend
- 3 or more years of experience working with Oracle databases, AWS Aurora, RDS, PostgreSQL, NoSQL databases, and document stores, such as ElasticSearch and MongoDB
- 3 or more years of experience developing data management strategies, policies, processes, and best practices
- 3 or more years leading agile teams utilizing strong communication and support
- 3 or more years of hands-on experience with decomposing tightly coupled databases into separate databases
What we’d like you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration and 7 or more years of experience developing data management solutions and strategies across a range of industries, clients, and technologies
- Expertise in Oracle RAC, Golden Gate, Data pump
- Experience in PostgreSQL, Maria DB, MS SQL Server, Sybase is a bonus
- Expertise migrating on-premise databases to the cloud using native tools and tools available on AWS
- Experience with Cloud implementation and migration or various RDBMS to AWS Cloud
- Expertise with Oracle Database performance tuning (SQL tuning, parameter tuning)
- Expertise in troubleshooting and resolving database performance problems and bottlenecks
- Strong issue analysis, RCA, troubleshooting steps, and documentation skills
- Deep knowledge in Data Integration, Data Quality, Metadata Management, and understanding of objectives
- Strong SQL knowledge for PostgreSQL and Oracle Databases
- Expertise in implementing transactional, Geospatial, and dimensional model design patterns
- Ability to prioritize and manage a complex & changing data infrastructure
What you’ll love about working here:
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Flexible work location
- A diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
- Comprehensive health benefits
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)