Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Operations Support Specialist - Hybrid
ICF is seeking an Operations Support Specialist to support the operations of a Department of Defense (DoD) client in Washington, DC Metro Area (i.e., the DMV). A member of a diverse team of administrative personnel, mental health professionals, and executive leaders, this position will work directly with client leadership to ensure the ongoing and timely execution of the client’s operations and adherence to DoD processes and procedures as related to tracking the provision and supply of DoD property (e.g., cell phones, laptops), tracking training requirements of client staff and contractors, facilitating site visits of senior staff from external organizations, and supporting other operations-related tasks as needed. This position will report directly to the center’s Chief of Staff.
As one who directly supports executive leadership, this position requires a highly organized and immediately responsive professional with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
This position will support a variety of general administrative, operations, and office management support duties, to include, but not be limited to:
- Facilitate new staff onboarding by arranging for required DoD trainings and the provisioning of DoD-provided computing equipment. This includes facilitating with IT staff to ensure accounts are created and laptops configured for new arrivals.
- When staff depart, collect all government property and return to appropriate DoD property managers (e.g., laptops, cell phones, DoD ID cards).
- Assist the client’s Chief of Staff with tracking and accounting for all equipment and property (e.g., to whom laptops, cell phones, and other equipment have been assigned).
- Serve as the client’s primary POC for all equipment and facility issues and maintenance needs (printers/copiers, sinks, refrigerators, microwaves)
- Assist the PHCoE Chief of Staff with all space management needs. This includes assigning offices/cubicles, to staff and location of printers.
- Support visits from key, senior level external visitors by ensuring visitors are provided with information needed to get to and access the building. Ensure escorts have been arranged for visitors who visit the building.
- Maintain Space Maps (i.e., seating charts) and delivering to the Chief of Staff on a monthly basis
- Tracking staff compliance with annual DoD training requirements.
- Support the ordering and maintenance of office supplies
- Maintain an orderly supply room and supply closets.
- Manage the calendars for two conference rooms (ensuring no double bookings or conflicts).
- Scheduling, planning for, and supporting logistics for meetings (meeting room set up, open audio lines, initiating VTC, printing/distributing materials) and producing notes/minutes as necessary.
- Tracking the status of client taskers and executive communications
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Business Administration, Operations Research, or related field
- 4+ years of directly relevant / similar work experience
- Demonstrated experience performing general administrative and clerical duties in an office setting.
- Ability to ensure communications are direct, succinct, unambiguous, and free of grammatical errors (written and verbal)
- Ability to develop, maintain and manage distribution lists and calendars using MS Outlook
- Ability to work independently, yet maintain close communication and collaboration with others.
- Hands-on experience with MS Office suite.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the upmost of professionalism in working as part of a diverse team of executive leaders, operations staff, administrative professionals, and mental health experts
- Experience supporting DoD operations
- Awareness of the DoD Joint Knowledge Online (JKO) learning / training system
- Working knowledge of cultures, people, and communication styles across the range of services in the DoD and hierarchical levels.
- Responsiveness and reliability
- Strong Attention to detail
Working at ICF
ICF is a global advisory and technology services provider, but we’re not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge technology to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future. We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. Learn more about what we dohttps://www.icf.com/ and our commitment to inclusionhttps://www.icf.com/company/about/diversity-inclusion.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$43,697.00 - $74,285.00
Maryland Client Office (MD88)