Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Efficiency Customer Care Services Operations Supervisor
ICF’s Michigan based customer operations center is a technical support team dedicated to providing Michigan energy customers and contractors with guidance and assistance as they navigate energy-saving program solutions.
The Energy Efficiency Customer Care Services Operations Supervisor is responsible for working in a variety of exciting areas geared to deliver an exceptional customer experience within ICF’s commercial energy business. Our dedicated energy team delivers an exceptional customer experience through prompt and accurate processing of energy efficiency applications, and supporting utility customer and contractor questions in a specialized and technical environment. Our work includes detailed eligibility verification of energy efficiency rebate applications, finalization of rebate applications and resultant payments, inbound and outbound support for applicants and program participants via phone and online chat, cross-promotion of other energy saving opportunities, and other types of back office processing support for our utility clients and their customers. The daily work for this position requires excellent attention to detail and quality, ability to prioritize work to meet goals, ability to motivate team members, and proficiency managing highly repetitive work.
ICF provides best in class customer and client support through our specialized energy efficiency team by leveraging state of the art call center technology, online web chat, and efficient business processes within a paperless environment. Our team members are highly trained, customer-oriented professionals who are eager to continue learning and building their expertise within the energy efficiency market.
The Energy Efficiency Customer Care Services Operations Supervisor
reporting to the Customer Care Services Operations Manager will provide leadership and execution for an Operations Team focused on stakeholder communication via outbound and inbound calls, emails and mailings. The successful candidate's responsibilities will include staffing, training, scheduling, production, meeting cycle time and service level metrics, mentoring, supervision, quality, and reporting for a 15- person staff as ICF delivers results and meets the requirements for contracted work. Having the ability, desire and experience to develop processes, lead and mentor others and perform the critical tasks associated with an Operations Team is critical to success.
- Provide leadership and guidance for the Ann Arbor Operations Team staff, focusing on phone and chat support, application processing, and quality validation.
- Oversee staffing goals of the Michigan based team while coordinating with the Customer Care Operations supervisors in ICF Martinsville, to ensure all projects are finalized on a timely basis.
- Promote, monitor, and when needed deliver training and mentoring to all staff.
- Daily quality monitoring across all areas of support.
- Strong understanding and experience with data collection metrics including processing timeliness, and other metrics that affect customer satisfaction and overall project goals.
- Excellent computer skills, including the MS Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Assist with ongoing data tracking for all in-house projects.
- Assist with production tracking for other work projects as needed and coordinate with the operations supervisory team to ensure we are staffing each project appropriately.
Detailed Key Responsibilities:
- Technical Leadership
- Develop a sufficient level of technical knowledge of each of the programs supported. Program knowledge is defined as: program eligibility rules, how to process applications, how to perform quality reviews of all areas of work, how to monitor inventory backlogs, and how to monitor individual productivity.
- Project Quality
- Monitor quality of all areas supported by your team whether it be a call-oriented task or an application processing task. Conduct weekly coaching to reinforce positive performance and to provide guidance and support for areas of lagging quality. Constant awareness of your team’s performance against the contractual performance goals and you should manage to those goals on a daily basis.
- Resource Management
- Set stretch, yet reasonable goals for your team members. You are expected to quickly spot individual team members who are not meeting performance expectations and work with them to implement process corrections. Meet cycle time and Service Level Agreement metrics by effectively scheduling staff during peak periods.
- Associates degree or combination of job experience.
- 3+ years of professional experience in an operations environment
- 2+ years of supervisory experience in an operations environment
- Proficiency with computer software programs including MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and execute business processes for new business.
- Strong issue management and risk mitigation background
- Strong personnel management skills and experience
- Experience in sales or lead-generation
- Strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills required.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities required.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment is a must.
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude required.
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work limited overtime as necessary.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Jackson, MI (MI08)