Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Operations Manager - Disaster Recovery CDBG-DR Puerto Rico
Solving the world’s most complex challenges. At ICF we make BIG things happen. Let’s work together to help Hurricane victims and communities recover and re-build for future resilience.
ICF is seeking a Disaster Recovery Operations Manager who will support government agencies in Puerto Rico in managing federal grants for long-term recovery from 2017 hurricanes. As part of the growing Disaster Management Division, the position involves promoting housing recovery using U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) funds. The Operations Manager will be responsible for the daily field operations of the housing recovery program and ensuring that such daily operations are performed in the most efficient manner. The Operations Manager will work onsite with the senior ICF staff, subject matter experts, and junior staff. Responsibilities may also include serving as an expert on policy and regulatory issues, developing written materials, managing staff, providing training and technical assistance. The Operations Manager must be a licensed professional engineer in compliance with Puerto Rico’s Act Number 173 of August 12, 1988, as amended.
The Operations Manager duties are:
· Overseeing logistics management
· Ensuring that procedures are in place to align with the program’s goals and objectives
· Overseeing standards of performance, safety policies, procedures, and adjusting internal policies as needed
· Directing human resources and management activities at the operational side of the programs
· Determining the staff needed to accomplish the operational tasks.
· Help with scheduling and assign staff
· Sharing responsibility for the program’s performance and its staff
· Helping to assess and maximize program performance
· Helping to resolve program issues as needed
· Providing on-call status reports and program progress reviews as needed
· 5 years of Operations Management experience – preferably with HUD CDBG programs
Licensed professional engineer in compliance with Puerto Rico’s Act Number 173 of August 12, 1988
· Direct CDBG-DR experience or experience in disaster recovery
· Excellent communication and customer service skills and exhibit a high level of professionalism in all communications
· Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking English
· Language Proficiency: bilingual preferred, Spanish and English
· Knowledge and experience with personal computers in a Microsoft Windows-based environment
· Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
· Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work limited overtime as necessary
· Exposure to operating and monitoring federally-funded programs
· Strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
· Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, empathy, and a cooperative attitude
· Licensed professional engineer in compliance with Puerto Rico’s Act Number 173 of August 12, 1988
· Five (5) years of experience in the management of projects.
· Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Puerto Rico Remote Office (PR99)