Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Operations & Administration Support Specialist
ICF is seeking an Operations & Administration Support Specialist to support both, the administration and the execution of a Department of Defense (DoD) client in the Washington, DC Metro Area (i.e., the DMV). As part of a diverse team of administrative and operations personnel, mental health professionals, and executive leaders, this position works directly with client leadership to ensure the ongoing and timely execution of the client’s operations and adherence to DoD processes and procedures. This will include, but not be limited to helping to maintain project portfolios, provide meeting facilitation support, generating monthly progress reports, maintaining team calendars on Outlook, providing budget formulation / execution support, and facilitating the on- and off-boarding of new staff. This position will report directly to the center’s Chief of Staff.
As one who directly supports executive leadership, this position requires a highly organized and immediately responsive professional with a keen level of attention to detail, the ability to proactively identify needs, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
This position will support a variety of general administrative, operations, project tracking, and office management support duties, to include, but not be limited to:
- Helping federal Section Chiefs to monitor the status of mental health-related research tasks that are assigned to the section.
- Maintaining project dashboards to ensure dashboards accurately reflect the current status of projects within the Section Chief’s project portfolio.
- Maintaining DoD psychological healthcare provider roster spreadsheets, which are used to support ongoing data analysis projects.
- Supporting new staff on-boarding by helping them through the process of obtaining a DoD ID card (CAC/PIV).
- Maintaining a list of CAC/PIV cards issued to staff and keep the Chief of Staff updated when renewals are needed (typically 3 months in advance).
- Helping Section Chiefs and other government leads to reserve conference rooms and/or audio conference lines for meetings; and manage meeting invitations via MS Outlook.
- Working with fellow contractors to develop Monthly Progress Reports.
- Serving as a point of contact for administrative and operational needs and inquiries.
- Coordinating and managing staff calendars using MS Outlook
- Coordinating with other administrative/operations support staff and DoD divisions within the parent organization to gather information for deliverables.
- Tracking the status of client taskers and executive communications
- U.S. Citizenship and the ability to pass a government background check
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Business Administration, Operations Research, or related field
- 4+ continuous years of directly relevant / similar work experience
- Extremely strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the upmost of professionalism and attention to detail in working as part of a diverse team
- Responsiveness and reliability
- Prior project coordination/monitoring and reporting experience
- Ability to develop communications that are direct, succinct, unambiguous, complete, and free of grammatical errors (written and verbal)
- Extensive experience with MS Office suite.
- Ability to develop, maintain and manage distribution lists and calendars using MS Outlook
- Ability to work independently yet maintain close communication and collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated experience performing general administrative and clerical duties in an office setting.
Beneficial Qualifications (not required):
- Experience supporting DoD operations
- Experience supporting scientific research programs, with mental health research as an added bonus
- Prior experience with DoD budget formulation, execution, and management processes
- Working knowledge of cultures, people, and communication styles across the range of services in the DoD and hierarchical levels.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)