Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Operational Engagement & Events Outreach Lead
ICF Next is looking for a Operational Engagement & Events Outreach Lead with proven strategic and deep tactical expertise. This person is a creative and practical, natural storyteller with a demeanor that is equal parts persistence and patience, and an appetite for all traditional aspects of a Cyber Communications role. In this role you will oversee media relations and act as the primary communications partner for the entire program. Flexible and collaborative by nature, the ideal candidate will bring with them an understanding of social media, media relations, content strategy and corporate reputation. This is a hands-on position for a someone who wants to both develop strategy and execute on deliverables.
This position is will be a hybrid of remote and onsite in Arlington, VA.
- Strengthen the brand through strong, consistent messaging and a unified communications and outreach strategy. Lead a team that develops a unified communications strategy, consistent messaging, and strong brand and delivery
- Partner with communications team and business leaders to develop content and campaign strategies tailored to reach all of DHS CISA’s stakeholders including partners, current and potential customers, as well as the general public
- Proactive story development and execution, developing strategies and plans for print, broadcast and digital storytelling
- Manage development of owned content (e.g. blogs, video pieces) and earned media opportunities
- Manage company social media properties including creating and administering content on all social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and monitoring site metrics and activity
- Serve as primary communications strategy and support for the office, providing public and media relations counsel
- Identify emerging news trends which may impact CISA and drive communications planning and response
- Inform and sync with internal communications efforts
- Manage message development and work with the communications team to ensure all internal and external stories, social and digital properties reflect the most current key messaging
- Manage and oversee professional development of junior staff to ensure team is operating efficiently and effectively
- Key Qualifications:
- BA required, Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of public relations experience
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated ability to keep pace and thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience supporting senior-level executives, preferably in high technology or science-based industries
- Experience creating and implementing campaigns with social media strategies and tactics for reaching target audiences
- Experience with wide ranging media: digital, print, TV, radio, technology and trade press and journals
- Must have experience in technology related communications with the demonstrated ability to understand and articulate technology-driven solutions
- Outstanding writing and editing skills; writing samples will be requested. Other portfolio samples encouraged
- Strong project management skills and appetite for working on multiple projects for different clients at the same time
- Must be eligible for a high-level DHS clearance
- US Citizenship required as prat of client contract requirement
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)