Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ON-CALL Training and Technical Assistance Specialist - Victim Services (REMOTE ROLE)
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference. Diversity & Inclusion, is simply who we are and what we do.
ON-CALL Training and Technical Assistance Specialist - Victim Services
ICF seeks a Training and Technical Assistance (TTA) Specialist to perform a range of analytical, writing, editing, problem-solving and related work in support of the Office for Victims of Crime Training and Technical Assistance Center (OVC TTAC). Specifically, you will be responsible for ensuring that training and technical assistance (TTA) services are delivered to the states and territories through assessing needs and developing, overseeing, and implementing TTA plans. One of your key team goals is to support OVC in pro-actively reaching victim service organizations, service providers and emergency managers at national, state, and local levels, many of whom may not be familiar with OVC resources and services.
This position is ON-CALL (part-time with variable hours; approximately 20 hours per week). Assignments are made on a demand-response basis so hours are completely variable. We are open to supporting 100% remote work anywhere within the US.
- Responding to the training and technical assistance needs of victim service providers and other allied professionals, such as law enforcement, emergency managers, county/state officials and other affiliated professionals.
- Supporting TTA application process from beginning to completion, including; conducting a thorough assessment of the requestor's needs, recommending and supporting speakers or subject matter experts, tracking and reviewing budgets related to consultant activity and travel, and tracking TTA application progress using the OVC TTAC management information system to ensure program objectives are met in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Provide guidance to state and local victim assistance programs and allied professional groups on how to maximize their use of OVC resources to build capacity to support effective service delivery and response to victims of crime.
- Work with OVC TTAC teams to expand the reach of OVC by performing direct outreach and building relationships with local and statewide programs, to communicate OVC’s vision and mission to the field and to improve delivery of TTA services to the field.
- Attend onsite TTA events as necessary to monitor, observe content and assist participants as needed. When appropriate and approved by OVC, conduct periodic outreach visits to assigned states to network and promote TTA services.
- Master’s degree in the social sciences, criminal justice, victimology, or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in a system or community-based victim services program.
- Working knowledge of the mission and programs of the Office for Victims of Crime.
- Knowledge of the impact of all types of crime on victims, family members, responders, and communities.
- Knowledge of trauma and the impact on victim service providers and other stakeholders and partners.
- Knowledge (or familiarity with) the Victims of Crime Act (VOCA).
- Experience in the development, delivery, and management of training and technical assistance.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and knowledge of issues involved in working with diverse victim populations and service organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct needs assessments and develop plans for delivery of services based on needs assessment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including meeting facilitation, public education, and trauma sensitive communications.
- Ability to produce high quality work.
- Ability to be flexible, detail-oriented, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid customer service skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Strong team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently.
- Strong outreach abilities and interpersonal skills.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
$60,598.00 - $103,017.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)