Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
On-call Senior Proposal Manager - Federal Sector
We are looking for on-call Senior Proposal Managers to provide surge proposal support on Federal Sector proposals. As a member of the on-call team, you will drive all aspects of the development of compelling, high quality, and compliant proposals in response to federal requirements within ICF’s Enterprise Proposal Center.
This position can work remotely from anywhere in the United States.
This is a great opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces and hires dimensions of differences.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with senior executives, management teams, functional stakeholders, BD leads, innovation staff, partners, subject matter experts, and external consultants to provide proposal leadership, support, and overall direction
- May collaborate in supporting the facilitation of solution development, shaping the work, message development, SWOT analysis, competitive analysis and other activities related to capture
- Manage the proposal process from pre-RFP activities through final production and close out processes
- Analyze RFP and develop compliance documents, outline, format, and final product working in consort with Technical Lead
- Develop proposal sections, as appropriate for non-technical areas, including management, past performance and staffing
- Develop and manage to the schedule for all color reviews and final production
- Assist in the assembly of proposal writing resources
- Identify potential for graphic input
- Monitor development of the business/pricing proposal to ensure it is on track and in sync with the technical proposal
- Serve various functions, as required, throughout the proposal process (compliance matrix developer, section author, draft reviewer, red team reviewer, subcontractor interface, etc.)
- Manage or support preparation for interviews/oral presentations, as needed
- Work to continually assess and improve processes and techniques
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree; specialization in communications, English, journalism, or related field preferred
- 8+ years of experience managing a wide range of federal proposals
- Significant experience with all aspects of proposal preparation, development, and production
- Proven track record of leading the development of successful, high quality, high scoring proposals
- Proposal editing and writing experience
- Strong proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in the use of SharePoint and MS Teams
Additional professional skills and experience needed:
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment; collaborative and productive work style
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as teaming partners
- Ability to work to meet deadlines (nights, weekends, and holidays, at times)
- Ability to work with geographically disparate teams
- Ability to remain upbeat, positive, and constructive within a dynamic environment operating under high-pressure deadlines
- Strong organizational skills, initiative, and commitment to high-quality work
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)