Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
On-Call Science Writer
Are you interested in engaging with leading cancer experts from across the globe to synthesize complex scientific topics in cancer research, cancer control, and prevention? ICF Next is seeking an experienced Science Writer to join our team and help advance the field through dissemination of current cancer research.
Join the ICF Next team and support the National Cancer Institute (NCI), Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences team in the development of scientific meeting proceedings, workshop and conference abstracts, symposiums, and white papers. Topics range from epidemiology, genomics, behavioral sciences, evidence-based interventions, healthcare delivery, and survivorship within the context of cancer, cancer control, and cancer prevention.
This role is On-Call work from home with the ability to attend local meetings/conferences when it is safe.
- Creates, develops, plans, and writes scientific proceedings, white papers, multimedia, or web-based publication.
- Conducts interviews with subject matter experts and other technical staff to gather data for documentation.
- Attends scientific meetings or conferences to develop comprehensive summary of discussions/presentations.
- Researches and translates technical information into manuscripts, web-based documents, whitepapers and presentation for audiences and subject matter experts.
- Advises on best practices and formats to address client requirements.
- Works under limited direction and regularly interacts with peers and clients within the immediate contract.
- Produces products reflective of ICF and client standards.
- 5 or more years of experience with scientific writing.
- 1 or more years of experience with cancer communications.
- BA/BS degree in public health, science, or equivalent or Masters.
- Previous experience working with diverse teams, including researchers, analysts, writers, and creative staff.
- Able to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of clearly identified factors.
- Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Creative thinker with a solution-oriented approach to addressing tasks that are within policies and procedures.
- Strong attention to accuracy; detail oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)