Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
On-Call Research Scientist (REMOTE ROLE)
Research Scientist (On-Call / REMOTE role)
The Workforce Innovations and Poverty Solutions (WIPS) Team provides rigorous research, evaluation and technical assistance to address a diverse set of critical social issue areas including employment and workforce programs, poverty solutions, fatherhood and family support initiatives, and interventions for families in at-risk situations.
Do you have a strong background in translating research and evaluation into practice with concise writing and presentation skills? We want you to apply!
All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals the latitude they need to perform work that parallels their passions. We are seeking a masters or PhD level person to serve on our team of on-call Research Specialists to provide key support in evidence reviews.
*We are open to supporting 100% remote work anywhere within the US.*
- Provide key quantitative research review support to assess the quality of causal evidence.
- Participate and/or lead systematic evidence reviews on identified research in labor and human service related topics.
- Prepare and develop a range of technical products as requested across contract and client needs.
- Develop and serve as content reviewer of a range of products and materials, and other deliverables.
- Master’s completed in economics, statistics, education, social work, family studies, sociology, or related social services field. This is an ideal job while completing one’s PhD.
- 3+ years of deep methodological expertise in research and evaluation (can be in areas around workforce development, worker health and safety, children and families, early childhood development, youth development, postsecondary education, TANF, and/or familial and child well-being).
- Candidates who are ABD (All But Dissertation) or Ph.Ds in economics, statistics, education, social work, family studies, sociology, or related social services field.
- 3-5 years of expertise conducting causal evidence reviews.
- 5+ years of deep methodological expertise in research and evaluation (can be in areas around workforce development, worker health and safety, children and families, early childhood development, youth development, postsecondary education, TANF, and/or familial and child well-being).
- Demonstrated quantitative methodological expertise.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work both independently and on a core team of Research staff members.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)