Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
On-Call Field Inspectors/Damage Assessors
For over two decades, ICF has assisted public sector clients to effectively plan for and manage the complex process of disaster recovery from federally declared disasters, while maximizing funding opportunities from FEMA, insurance and other grant resources.
ICF's Disaster Management team is currently seeking Field Inspectors/Damage Assessors experienced in FEMA’s Public Assistance (PA) Program to join our team in the Gulf Coast area. As a Field Inspector/Damage Assessor you will be responsible for: Traveling to assigned cases to identify and describe damages through photographs, and completing required forms; identifying possible mitigation measures and collect documentation; coordinating with FEMA field personnel; and providing additional information upon request.
• Document damage and input into database.
• Coordinate and participate in site visits.
• Follow procedures and maintain communication and focus.
• Maintain and track caseload and track in management information system.
• Keep Project Lead informed on issues, problems & resolutions.• Superior customer service skill set, ability to listen, facilitate and negotiate problems.
• High school degree
• 3+ years’ experience as a field inspector
• This position requires driving to different locations. Must have valid driver's license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check• 2+ years’ experience with MS Office (Word, Excel), smartphone apps and Data Information Systems
• Ability to travel
• Experience with RS Means and knowledge of FEMA Cost Estimating Format (CEF)
• Bachelor’s degree
• Construction, mechanical, structural/civil, electrical and architectural experience
• Prior FEMA experience
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet aggressive deadlines
• Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment• Ability to produce quality work products with attention to detail
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is
$41,886.00 - $71,206.00
Puerto Rico Remote Office (PR99)