Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
On-Call Expert Consultant - Criminal Justice
ICF is looking for talented, highly motivated Criminal Justice On-Call Expert Consultants that will have expertise in planning, organizing, and delivering direct training and technical assistance services to the criminal justice field. The ideal candidate will be known nationally as a criminal justice expert and have a proven track record of assisting states, local jurisdictions, and tribes in implementing criminal justice evidence-based practices and programs, and working with local communities to prevent violence.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success.
This role is in the Washington DC Metro area. Travel to client sites, ICF offices and Conferences may be required once business travel resumes.
- Build and maintain a trusted advisor relationship with recipients of TTA services.
- Identify needs of target audiences and provide prompt, responsive, and high quality, effective products, and services that are responsive to those needs.
- Research evidenced-based approaches and develop publications to help improve policies, practices, and programs.
- Provide TTA, needs assessment, strategic planning, and quality assurance services.
- Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, administration, public policy, or related area from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional work experience in the criminal justice field which includes implementing evidenced-based criminal justice practices and programs, and supporting communities in preventing violence.
- Knowledge of national criminal justice trends, organizations and individuals leading the field, effective program implementation and current research and on evidence-based practices and programs.
- Viewed in the criminal justice field as a subject matter expert with a proven track record of delivering TTA at a national level.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience providing TTA to criminal justice agencies, developing curriculums, conducting needs assessments, and developing publications.
- Ability to build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships and balance multiple perspectives/needs.
Professional Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in strategic planning, TTA, change management, capacity building, organizational development, and/or implementation science.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Solid team builder and team player with proven ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to multitask and maintain high-quality results in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of attention to detail and flexibility to adjust to last-minute requests and changing priorities.
- A high degree of adaptability, comfort in establishing new directions and the ability to manage and adapt to change.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills; excellent presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain positive, productive relationships with peers, colleagues, consultants, and professional staff.
- Possess a knowledge of and experience with TTA at the national level.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)