Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
On-Call Early Education Senior Associate- REMOTE
ICF's Early Childhood Insights Portfolio is seeking a Senior Associate to lead and contribute to early education projects focused on child care, military child care, Head Start and pre-kindergarten programs. Clients include federal, state and non-profit agencies. As a Senior Associate, you will apply your academic knowledge and work experience to lead and contribute to needs assessments, strategic planning, market rate surveys, training and technical assistance and research and evaluation projects. Additionally, you will contribute to business development activities such as proposal development.
- Works on multiple early childhood projects simultaneously as a lead contributor or task leader.
- Works both independently and as part of a team to write substantive reports, briefs, and other publications as required.
- Designs protocols for the collection of quantitative and/or qualitative data.
- Manages and contributes to data collection efforts, such as recruitment and screening of participants, conducting or assisting with interviews and focus groups, survey administration.
- Collaborates with colleagues to develop and implement qualitative, quantitative, and/or mixed methods analytic plans and data management procedures.
- Supports outreach and engagement of partners for data collection and/or dissemination efforts.
- Develops multiple types of training and technical assistance resources.
- Drafts various types of communications including correspondence, Q&A scripts, and web pages for various audiences.
- Collaborates with various stakeholders to develop operational guidance for system end-users.
- Manages the timeline, scope of work, budget, and workflow for assigned projects and tasks.
- Conducts literature reviews and syntheses.
- Assists with proposal development.
- May present findings to clients and partners in public forums.
- May train and supervise research assistants and support staff.
- May contribute to communications and dissemination efforts.
- Master’s degree in public policy, research methods, public health, program evaluation, psychology, child development, education or a related field, or equivalent.
- 8+ years working in the child care field at the state or federal level, including experience working with CCDF, military child care, Head Start, and prekindergarten programs.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to both provide and take direction.
- Ability to pivot based on changes in project and client priorities.
- Excellent task management and organizational skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong communication skills to support a collaborative working environment.
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to clearly communicate complex information for a variety of audiences.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite is required.
- Experience with analyzing quantitative and/or qualitative data.
- Experience with data collection (e.g., surveys, interviews, focus groups) and data management, preferably in applied settings.
- Experience with either quantitative statistical software packages or qualitative data analysis software packages is preferred.
- Experience working with different meeting platforms, content management systems, and data systems is required. Should feel comfortable learning new technology platforms.
- Experience translating requirements documents into procedural documents and/or training materials.
- Comfortable reading requirements and exploring platforms to develop knowledge of the system.
- Ability to follow internal and external procedures as well as contribute to procedure development.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
$73,324.00 - $124,651.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)