Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
On-Call - Disaster Management Consultant
At ICF we make BIG things happen. Let’s work together to help Hurricane individuals impacted by disasters and communities recover and re-build for future resilience. The Disaster Management Division works with government agencies and communities to design and implement projects to promote increased resilience to disasters and long-term housing, economic, and infrastructure recovery after disaster strikes. We are assembling an outstanding team equipped to offer expert advisory services, bringing the strength of past performance and a hand’s on integrated multidisciplinary approach. Join the ICF team and help make a difference.
Join our team as an On-Call Disaster Management Consultant. This is a remote-based position from North Carolina.
What you will do:
• Scheduling and conducting meetings with disaster recovery contacts throughout the state of North Carolina to determine immediate and future needs.
• Provide technical support on the design and development of policies and plans.
• Provide guidance for the FEMA Public Assistance Grant Programs and other funding sources.
• Develop and conduct training sessions and emergency response exercises.
• Engage with other emergency management stakeholders at all levels of state government.
• Manage reporting of project and deliverable status, task completion, and resource expenditures to project management• Facilitate virtual and in-person planning meetings
What you will need:
• Bachelor’s with 5 additional years of relevant emergency preparedness and operations experience
• 10+ years of experience in developing, implementing, and evaluating policies and plans in emergency management organizations at the state, local, or national level
• 5+ years of experience working collaboratively with federal, local, and state emergency management agencies, including senior and elected officials• 2+ years experience with national preparedness doctrine, including National Response Framework, HSEEP, National Incident Management System
• Experience working with FEMA or State and local emergency management agencies
• Able to complete multiple tasks, simultaneously under pressure with very tight deadlines
• Knowledge of federal and state emergency management programs• Team and consensus-building skills
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
• Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment• Proficient in MS Office Suite
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is
$81,624.00 - $138,761.00
N Carolina Remote Office (NC99)