Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Offshore Wind Energy Permitting Senior Project Manager
Offshore Wind Energy Permitting Senior Project Manager
East Coast or West Coast
We are the Environment & Planning Division of ICF. We are passionate about doing what’s right for our clients, our people, the communities where we live and work, and the environment. We manage environmental review processes that include consultation with regulatory agencies; public involvement; analysis of environmental, cultural, safety, socio-economic, and other impacts, and specification of measures to mitigate adverse impacts. Our clients include numerous federal, state, and international agencies and private developers.
ICF is seeking an Offshore Wind Energy Permitting Senior Project Manager to support any of our offices in the following east coast locations: Boston, MA; New York, NY or Raleigh, NC and in any of our Oregon or California office locations.
What You Will Do
The Offshore Wind Energy Permitting Senior Project Manager will be responsible for planning and completing major project tasks as well as business development activities associated with ICF’s renewable energy and offshore wind energy practice. You will work on multiple projects, interact with all levels of staff, and will apply your academic and past work experience to a wide variety of complex projects. You will manage multi-disciplinary teams to complete projects on time and on budget by overseeing project expectations, delegating deliverables and training junior staff members. You will also work closely with our Offshore Wind Lead and Energy Client Sector lead to assist in leading marketing and business development within the energy practice.
What You Will Need
- Experience overseeing studies, surveys and permitting in support of BOEM Site Assessment and Construction and Operation Plans (COPs).
- BS/BA in Marine Science, Environmental Science, Policy or related field.
- 10+ years of Project Management experience within the environmental consulting industry including the Energy & Offshore Wind markets.
- State and local permitting experience in the states listed above.
- Established contacts within the offshore wind industry, for example with developers, federal and/or state agencies.
- 10+ years of Project Management experience including meeting with clients to identify new work opportunities, prepare proposals, and direct project teams.
- Strong technical and regulatory policy background consistent with understanding BOEM submittals and state regulatory policies.
- Seller-doer with business development skills & technical background to win and manage offshore energy permitting projects.Experience with marine ecology, NEPA/Federal and state permitting, offshore wind, oil and gas, power generation and transmission, infrastructure, and/or renewable energy.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces and hires dimensions of differences.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
N Carolina Remote Office (NC99)