Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Office Administrative Support
Job Description: Front Office, Administrative Support
Location: Columbia, MD
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide office support for ICF’s Energy Efficiency Team in Maryland. This candidate will manage daily operations of our office (4 days per week) including visitor check-in, management of office supplies and equipment, and logistic coordination with local management. In addition, the candidate will provide project-level administrative support such as data entry, event coordination, and application review.
- Greet and welcome guests as they arrive at the office
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges)
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort, and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Order office supplies and keep inventory of stock
- Coordinate with ICF facilities for IT and equipment needs
- Provide project-level admin support including data entry, event coordination, account matching, and application review
- High School Diploma
- Proven work experience as a receptionist, front office representative, or similar role
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize task
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Columbia, MD (MD12)