Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
New Energy Solutions Consultant (Ottawa, Canada)
Commercial Energy Division – New Energy Solutions Analyst or Consultant
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Analyzing fuel and power markets, modeling energy infrastructure developments under decarbonization and renewable energy policies, advising on regulatory compliance. In these areas and more, you’ll find ICF. Backed by 40+ years of experience, our energy experts work at the forefront of developing actionable solutions at the intersection of policy and practice, helping government and commercial clients worldwide devise effective energy strategies and develop and implement programs for today and tomorrow.
As an entry-level New Energy Solutions Analyst or a mid-level New Energy Solutions Consultant in ICF’s Energy Markets and Planning team, you will develop subject matter expertise, project management skills, and solutions with emphasis on the gas, power, emissions, and renewable energy sectors, along with emerging technologies such as renewable natural gas (RNG) and hydrogen to tackle some of the industry’s most exciting and demanding challenges.
This candidate would play a critical role in helping natural gas utilities, combined utilities, governments, generators, investors, and other clients prepare for and adapt to changing market, technology, and policy conditions over the coming years. The primary focus of your role will be decarbonization in the buildings sector, but you will work closely with, and be exposed to, teams specializing in decarbonization impacts on other sectors, such as power, transport, and RNG. Candidates with relevant natural gas utility decarbonization experience outside of the buildings sector are also encouraged to apply.
As a successful New Energy Solutions Analyst or Consultant, you will have opportunities to grow into progressive client engagement and research responsibility within our consulting practice. Recent graduates to candidates with up to 4 years of relevant professional work experience with a passion for energy, solving complex problems and identifying creative solutions are ideal candidates for the role.
• Support quantitative and economic analyses of decarbonization pathways and climate change policies, with a focus on impacts and opportunities for gas utilities, to assess and forecast future technology adoption, fuel and power consumption, cost impacts, and GHG emission reductions.
• Evaluate the impact of future decarbonization, electrification and alternative fuel policies and regulations, and support the development of client strategies around emission reduction policies and initiatives
• Contribute to the development and enhancement of ICF proprietary models and data bases
• Perform analysis for major corporate and government client deliverables
• Support sales and client development efforts with market research, proposal development and thought leadership on new energy technologies and themes.
• A Bachelor's degree in Energy Policy, Economics, Mathematics, Business, Operations Research, Engineering, or related subjects is preferred. Candidates majoring in other fields must clearly demonstrate equivalent quantitative aptitude
• 1+ years of professional relevant work experience in the fields of utilities, energy markets, and/or modeling
• Strong capabilities in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel) and other basic software tools
• Interest in opportunities related to the decarbonization of gas utilities. Candidates seeking long-term careers in the energy industry are highly encouraged to apply.
• 3+ years of work experience in the fields of utilities, energy markets, and/or modeling
• Experience working at (or with) natural gas or electric utilities
• Consulting experience or experience with utility regulatory proceedings
• A Master’s degree in the fields of engineering, energy policy, business, economics, or related subjects
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to work with and understand technical concepts, while also being able to communicate them to a less sophisticated audience
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Ability to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Strong intellectual curiosity, and enthusiasm to learn beyond what is required for daily tasks
Why you’ll love working here:
· Full health benefits (100% dental coverage, prescription, vision, massages, life insurance and short term/ long term disability)
· Generous vacation and retirement plans
· Employee support program
· Discounted GoodLife Fitness membership benefits
· Ongoing training and development opportunities, education assistance programs
· Once we are back in the office:
-Catered Friday lunches
-Loaded snack cupboards
-Friendly community with lots of social events - from boat cruises to volleyball tournaments
-Participation in charity initiatives
Like what you see and think you’re a perfect fit? Apply today.
Please be assured we’ll treat any information you share with us with the utmost care, only use your information for recruitment purposes and will never sell it to other companies for marketing purposes. Please review https://www.icf.com/legal/Canada-privacy-statement to view ICF’s Privacy Statement for more details.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
Ottawa Canada (CD82)