Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
New Energy Solutions Analyst
New Energy Solutions Analyst
Analyzing fuel and power markets, modeling energy infrastructure developments under decarbonization and renewable energy policies, advising on regulatory compliance. In these areas and more, you’ll find ICF. Backed by 40+ years of experience, our energy experts work at the forefront of developing actionable solutions to intersection of policy and practice, helping government and commercial clients worldwide devise effective energy strategies, develop and implement programs for today, and tomorrow.
As an entry-level New Energy Solutions Analyst, you will develop subject matter expertise, project management skills, and solutions with emphasis on the gas, power, emissions, renewable energy, and emerging technologies such as renewable natural gas and hydrogen to tackle some of the industry’s most exciting and demanding challenges. As a successful New Energy Solutions Analyst, you will have opportunities to grow into progressive client engagement and research responsibility within our consulting practice. Recent graduates with 0-3 years of experience with a passion for energy, solving complex problems and identifying creative solutions are ideal candidates for the role.
• Perform advanced quantitative and economic modeling of natural gas, alternative fuels and power markets
• Contribute to the development and enhancement of ICF proprietary models and data bases
• Evaluate the impact of future decarbonization, electrification and alternative fuel policies and regulations, and support the development of client strategies around emission reduction policies and initiatives
• Perform analysis for major corporate and government client deliverables
• Support sales and client development efforts with market research, proposal development and thought leadership on new energy technologies and themes.
• A Bachelor's degree in Energy Policy, Economics, Mathematics, Business, Operations Research, Engineering, or related subjects is preferred. Candidates majoring in other fields must clearly demonstrate equivalent quantitative aptitude
• 0 - 2 years of work experience in the field of energy and/or resource markets and modeling
• Strong capabilities in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel) and other basic software tools
• Strong interest in one or more of these areas: energy economics, natural gas fundamentals, energy efficiency analytics, climate change, and policy. Candidates seeking long-term careers in the energy industry are highly encouraged to apply.
• Basic knowledge of R, Python and/or other coding languages
• A Master’s degree in Energy Policy, Economics, Mathematics, Business, Operations Research, Engineering, or related subjects is preferred.
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to work with and understand technical concepts, while also being able to communicate them to a less sophisticated audience
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Strong intellectual curiosity, and enthusiasm to learn beyond what is required for daily tasks
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)