Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Network Engineering Lead
The Network Engineer III will support a dynamic team supporting one of our Federal customers, providing expertise towards network engineering solutions and services across a variety of platforms and technology. The Network Engineer Level III will also provide a high level technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations. The ideal candidate will possess an inherent interest in learning the latest technology and proven ability and the self-motivation to learn quickly and solve engineering problems.
Location: Egg Harbor Township, NJ
What you will do:
- Initiate, design and drive engineering solutioning for related projects such as:
- Resilient transport solutions for critical, geographically dispersed enterprise network and systems
- TCP/IP (v4 and v6)
- Virtual switching and routing
- IPSec and SSL VPN
- Administration of:
- Application systems
- Network access and security
- Performance measure collection
- Reporting on pre/post maintenance operations metrics
- Outage reports, and root case analysis
- Management of:
- Emergency preparedness
- IT disaster recovery planning and execution of COOP exercises
- Asset inventory control
- A/V and web conferencing
- IT training and education
- Wireless voice and data services
- Automation of system health reporting, including network and system infrastructure
- Works in tandem with Cybersecurity and O&M stakeholders to solution, resolve and drive technology and IT modernization initiatives
- Provides high level network troubleshooting, testing and updating standard code versions and device templates as well as remediating security findings.
- Supports on-boarding and integration of approved cloud applications which support virtual security services, to connect optional security services to government cloud environments. Supports migration of existing cloud access point applications.
- Identifies resources required for network designs, including upgrades, expansions, and enhancements (building, core, and Data Center).
- Configures and installs network hardware and software to meet requirements and conform to technical Design Standards.
- Provides in-depth engineering analysis of telecommunications alternatives (VoIP) for government agencies in enhancement design for medium and large-scale telecommunication infrastructures.
- Provides interface support to telecommunications end users, telecommunications operations personnel, and telecommunications strategic program management. Monitors and responds to hardware, software, and network problems.
- Provides the routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals).
- Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Troubleshoots network systems when necessary and makes technical improvements to the network.
- Provide level of effort estimates to project managers as requested in order to develop project schedules
- Provide services for operations, maintenance, network infrastructure, capacity management, reporting and IT enhancements
- Plan and implement telecommunications and IT infrastructures
- Ad hoc and planned user support, including transition to operational support, and troubleshooting and root-cause analysis
- Design, build and implement with standard build guidelines, harden and work with Information Assurance to remediate findings after IT Security scans
- Install networking gear in racks and connect to infrastructure
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), "As Is" documentation, Installation Instructions and any other required O&M transition documentation as required
- Work with Infrastructure Engineering team members to meet requirements and deadlines
- Provide technical advice and develop solutions as required
- Provide Tier II and Tier III end-user rollout and troubleshooting support as directed
What you will need:
- BS + 8 years of experience; OR Masters Degree + 12 years experience; OR 15+ years of network engineering experience
Must have a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification
Experience with virtual private networks (VPNs) remote access solutions and internal tunneling technologies, such as Cisco AnyConnect for remote access and GRE Tunneling/DMVPNS for the internal tunneling technologies
Experience with enterprise wireless solutions such as Cisco WLC & Cisco Prime.
Experience with voice over Internet Protocol (IP)
Experience in peering with ISP services and configuring/troubleshooting enterprise routing designs
Experience with designing, deploying and managing IEEE 802.1x network authentication.
Experience managing Proxy Services
Experience with deploying a Virtual Switching Architecture such as VRF and VSS to support secure multi-tenant design within DMZ based virtual enclave
Experience designing and implementing cloud routing designs (AWS/Azure) to include setup and configuration of a cloud router (e.g., Cisco Cloud Services Router)
Experience with the Design and Implementation of Data Center Class transport infrastructures
Experience developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
U.S. Citizenship required (required by federal government for position). SCI required.
- Network Engineer
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
New Jersey Client Office (NJ88)