Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
.NET Developer (Remote)
*This role can be 100% remote, sitting anywhere within the continental US. *
ICF is a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, multi-faceted consulting company, seeking a .NET Developer to support our Department of Defense (DoD) Child and Youth Programs (CYP) project. ICF works with government representatives and users to build and enhance CYP systems. The DoD recognizes the importance of providing military and DoD-affiliated families with access to quality, affordable childcare programs. Access to childcare directly affects the efficiency, mission readiness, morale, and retention of DoD personnel worldwide.
This developer will participate in building and modernizing web-based applications to support our Child and Youth Programs project, work with technical leads to develop and enforce standards, collaborate with a development team, and follow solutions as they are developed through production deployment. The ICF team performs custom software development to modernize siloed, legacy applications using modular design standards. The team works closely with clients and other contractors to ensure the performance and reliability of public-facing, mission-critical applications.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate with others to define and implement optimal, complete solutions based on stakeholder needs.
- Design back-end and front-end web-based software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.
- Analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
- Apply and generate best practices in multiple technical domains using various technology products and services.
- Capture and share best practice knowledge with the internal technical teams.
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline
- 5 or more years of experience with building web applications using technologies including Microsoft .NET Core
- 1 or more years of experience using WebAPI to build REST services
- 1 or more years of experience using Entity Framework for ORM
- 5 or more years of experience with writing SQL queries and database development using Microsoft SQL Server
- 2 or more years of demonstrated experience working in modern software engineering and product development methodologies, including Agile.
- Ability to obtain U.S. government public trust clearance.
- Due to Federal contract requirements, must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident
What we'd like you to have:
- Proficiency with browser developer tools, Git, and JIRA.
Technologies you will use:
What you’ll love about working here:
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Flexible work location
- Diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
- Comprehensive health benefits
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)