Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
NEPA Deputy Project Manager
NEPA Deputy Project Manager/Environmental Scientist
We are the Environment & Planning Division of ICF. We are enthusiastic about doing what is right for our clients, our people, the communities where we live and work, and the environment. We are planners, scientists, program managers, communicators, economists, technologists, and strategists. We are collaborative, curious, and committed to excellence—these are qualities we value that make us who we are and inspire us to grow. If you perform well in a fast-paced, engaging, and collaborative environment, and would like to work with a diverse team of industry professionals, we encourage you to learn more about ICF (www.icf.com) and consider applying to join our team.
Our Austin, TX office seeks a NEPA Deputy Project Manager/Environmental Scientist to assist with the preparation of NEPA documentation for transportation projects in our Austin, Texas, office. This position will assist with preparing Environmental Impact Statements, Environmental Assessments, and Categorical Exclusions. Position based in Austin with the option to work remotely.
What You Will Do
- Prepare environmental documentation, including NEPA documentation, technical reports, and permit applications.
- Conduct literature research and data collection for environmental investigations and documentation.
- Complete Indirect and Cumulative Impact Analyses.
- Public Involvement, agency consultation, and planning.
- Conducting fieldwork and attending meetings, as needed, or required.
- A BA/BS degree in environmental sciences, transportation planning, environmental planning, or similar discipline.
- 5+ years relevant professional work experience. Work experience should include preparing NEPA documentation, preferably for Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) projects, and environmental permit applications. TxDOT Pre-Certification a plus.
- Working knowledge of environmental regulations, including NEPA, Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act, Section 7 of the Endangered Species Act, Section 404 of the Clean Water Act, Section 10 of the Rivers, and Harbors Act, etc.
- Computer skills should include the MS Office Suite along with excellent technical writing and communication skills required. (A writing sample may be requested.)
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and enthusiastic individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are enthusiastic about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of differences.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is
$70,374.00 - $119,636.00