Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
National Finance and Admin Assistant - Yaoundé, Cameroon
ICF is seeking a National Finance and Administrative Assistant for an anticipated large USAID-funded malaria project in Cameroon. The project will support the National Malaria Control Program (NMCP) and Ministry of Health (MOH) to implement activities to reduce malaria morbidity and maternal and child mortality. The National Finance and Administrative Assistant will provide finance and administrative support for the project at the national level. Under the Finance and Operation Manager, S/he will be responsible, procurement, logistics, accounting, and finance, as well as preparing financial reports for submission to Operation and Finance Manager. The position will be in Yaoundé with travels to the North in Cameroon.
- Review and process all payments requests for approval by budget holders and prepare payments against authorized requisitions
- Prepare and submit to the Operations and Finance Manager monthly projects financial reports and budget variance analysis according to ICF reporting requirements
- Create and maintain a financial tracking system, including filing, for in-country project expenses
- Ensure reconciliations of staff field travel cash advances and banking of any cash returns.
- Coordinate monthly requests and disbursement of funds, based on budget and cash flow projections, to ensure the program has all the necessary funds for operations
- Maintain bank accounts in QuickBooks and make random office petty cash counts.
- Coordinate pre-qualification of vendors by the country office when necessary
- Review purchase orders and other relevant procurement documents for correctness and completeness before they are issued to vendors, and/or processed
- Review purchase orders and consult with the team lead for approval, prior to issuance within agreed upon thresholds
- Liaise with vendors and other service providers and ensure invoices are verified and submitted on a timely basis
- Provide guidance to the technical team on compliance requirements in procurement
- Maintain a risk register for the Kenya office to track any risk elements through regular check-ins with the relevant individuals/offices
- Maintain the asset register and ensure it is always up to date, including conducting impromptu asset verification on a periodic basis.
- Maintain office records such as travel logs, asset lists, and others as needed.
- Receive office supplies and verify the orders
- Collect and distribute in-coming mail, record, and send out all out-going mail
- Coordinate logistics for meetings and trainings and set up of conference room(s), request cash advance for refreshments, and provide other logistics for in-house meetings,
- Oversee office facilities management, transportation, and logistics, including making necessary arrangements for project meetings, workshops, and trainings
- Manage the project leadership’s agenda, contacting people to request and confirm appointments,
- Manage general office services including guards, cleaning services, transportation, and utilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field.
- CPA/chartered accountant would be an added advantage.
- At least 4 years’ experience performing a similar function for USAID funded project.
- Demonstrated knowledge of finance, accounting, and generally accepted accounting principles reporting.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills, detail oriented and ability to work and interpret numbers, figures and other financial information.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and experience working with several different accounting software packages.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.