Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Monitoring and Evaluation Director - Local Health Systems Solutions (LHESS)
Are you passionate about improving quality of life through accessible public health services? Then consider ICF, we work at the forefront of today’s global health issues, helping clients understand the specific needs of diverse populations and address complex health challenges with behavior and disease surveillance and monitoring, research and surveys, technical assistance, and organizational capacity strengthening support.
ICF is growing and we’re currently hiring a Monitoring and Evaluation Director for an anticipated United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Liberia Local Health Systems Solutions (LHESS) project. The purpose of the LHESS Activity is to support the Liberian Ministry of Health (MoH) in strengthening critical components of the health system to improve access and affordability to services, to increase and improve patient outcomes at all levels. The position will be based in Monrovia, Liberia but may involve periodic in country travel.
- Lead the design of and support the implementation of a comprehensive monitoring, evaluation and learning plan. This plan will establish a common framework for indicators, data collection and reporting across LHESS implementing partners, and identify core learning questions across the award.
- Provide technical oversight to systematic collection, analysis, synthesis, use, translation, and dissemination of data and learning from across the project to inform both internal programmatic decision-making, Liberia’s health system and the global evidence base.
- Lead the design and execution of the project’s learning agenda to provide the client with information about how to achieve goals for similar projects in the future.
- Lead the development of tools and resources that support local implementing partners’ role on the project and capacity strengthening objectives.
- Ensure documentation and dissemination of findings, impact, innovations, and lessons learned.
- Manage diverse MEL staff on the project team.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in international development, monitoring and evaluation, public health, or a related field.
- 10 + years of experience on USAID or other global health projects leading performance monitoring, evaluation, learning and/or data use for decision-making.
- Demonstrated experience focusing on results and impact, with strong strategic vision and an understanding of systems approaches to programming and monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Demonstrated experience in fostering a project team culture of continuous improvement, CLA and adaptive management.
- Demonstrated experience building monitoring, evaluation and learning capacities of country—level staff and stakeholders, including government, civil society, and private sector.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong commitment to advancing locally-owned and locally-led health system solutions.
- 10+ years of MEL experience in Liberia.
- Experience developing MEL plans, identifying appropriate indicators and developing learning agendas for projects focused on institutional capacity building and technical assistance. Experience serving as the deputy or senior MEL Director of multi-country or global projects.
- Experience in MEL for institutional strengthening or capacity-building programs.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award-winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce. ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity) Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Working at ICF
ICF is a global advisory and technology services provider, but we’re not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge technology to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future. We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. Learn more about what we dohttps://www.icf.com/ and our commitment to inclusionhttps://www.icf.com/company/about/diversity-inclusion.
Monrovia, Liberia-IDDS (LR01)