Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Mitigation and Resilience Analyst
ICF's Disaster Management (DM) Division seeks a Mitigation and Resilience Analyst to support our growing portfolio of nation-wide hazard mitigation planning, federal grant assistance and floodplain management projects. The DM Division supports U.S. federal agencies; state, local, tribal and territorial (SLTT) governments; and non-governmental partners to design and implement plans, policies, and programs that promote local pre-disaster mitigation action and support long-term housing, economic and infrastructure recovery post-disaster. Our primary clients are SLTT governments administering U.S. Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) disaster recovery and hazard mitigation programs, and we are swiftly expanding to cover the American Rescue Plan Act and funds appropriated through the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) and Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA).
This position will have multi-faceted responsibilities related to technical delivery and client engagement. The successful candidate should be equipped to support our clients with grant writing, technical assessments, and policy research related to hazard mitigation planning and implementation of National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) upon arrival. Furthermore, ICF seeks a team-oriented self-starter that will work proactively alongside colleagues, clients, and other contractors as directed to deliver quality products and services. This is an Onsite Tallahassee, Florida position. The ideal candidate must be able to travel up to 20% domestically based on current and prospective clients.
Our work is done in a professional, collaborative, and engaging environment that enables individuals to pursue their passions while maximizing value for our clients. This position offers a flexible work schedule, upward mobility opportunities, agency to build and foster your own client relationships, and guidance and mentorship from a world-class team of professionals.
• Conducting open-source research, document reviews and data analysis to support local hazard mitigation planning and grant application development.
• Performing benefit-cost analysis to determine the future risk reduction benefits of hazard mitigation actions and comparing those benefits with projected costs.
• Developing written products (e.g., standard operating procedures, checklists, reports, etc.) and tools (e.g., dashboards, etc.) to support the design and implementation of client projects.
• Assisting with development of agendas, presentations, and reports to support client engagement and project implementation activities.
• Interfacing with clients and other contractors to solicit information and communicate deadlines.
• Utilizing geographic information systems (GIS) to create layered maps that help clients understand trends, relationships, and geographic context.• Assist with business development activities, including supporting special initiatives, market research, and professional development
• Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Public and/or Environmental Justice or Policy, Business, or similar field
• 1+ years’ experience tracking and reporting progress for tasks, projects, or programs.• 1+ years’ experience with policy analyst and/or technical report writing for topics related to hazard mitigation, including climate resilience and risk and vulnerability assessments.
• Master’s degree in Planning, Public and/or Environmental Justice/Policy, Business, or similar field
• Experience with FEMA Hazard Mitigation Assistance (e.g. HMGP, FMA, BRIC) or HUD CDBG-DR and/or MIT programs, including experience using the FEMA BCA Toolkit
• Grants application and management experience for complex infrastructure projects
• Experience developing hazard mitigation plans or long-term recovery strategies
• Working knowledge of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)• Geographic Information Systems (GIS) experience
Desired Professional Skills
• Able to prioritize and balance workload across multiple projects with short-term deadlines
• Team-oriented professional who proactively engages other team members to ensure quality of delivery
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Values and demonstrates integrity and ethical behavior in all things• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
Working at ICF
ICF is a global advisory and technology services provider, but we’re not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge technology to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future. We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. Learn more about what we dohttps://www.icf.com/ and our commitment to inclusionhttps://www.icf.com/company/about/diversity-inclusion.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$39,030.00 - $66,351.00
Tallahassee, FL (FL36)