Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Mid-Level Database Administrator
ICF is seeking a Mid-Level Database Administrator professional in the Washington DC Metro Area! While we are under restrictions due to the pandemic, this role will be remote. However, due to the nature of the work and the staff person needing to access physical server environments containing database servers on occasion, this position will need to be filled with someone local to the Washington DC Metro Area.
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform data analysis of client’s data to provide insight and recommendations for project needs.
- Work with and provide clear communication to developers, assisting them with data architecture, data movement/migrations and troubleshooting.
- Develop custom reports and ad-hoc query results as needed by management and developers.
- Provide analysis and solutions on issues regarding performance and security across multiple RDBMS platforms, including MySQL, SQL Server and Oracle.
- Create, monitor and troubleshoot backup systems across multiple RDBMS platforms and associated environments and provide recovery services as needed.
- Demonstrate understanding of on-prem and cloud-based architecture and participate in decision-making for any changes made thereof.
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline).
- 4 years’ experience in two of the following: MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle
- 4 years’ experience in SQL and procedural programming
- 2 years’ experience working with SQL Server Report Services.
- 2 years’ experience working in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Azure.
Technologies you’ll use in this role:
- Databases: SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle
- Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, Azure Data Studio, SQL Developer, MySQL Workbench, MS Visual Studio, SQL Server Report Services, Jira
- Languages: SQL, T-SQL, Python, Powershell
- Environments: AWS, Azure, GCP, Microsoft Windows
Why you’ll love working here:
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Employee support program
- Participation in charity initiatives
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Remote Office (MD99)