Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Mental Health Subject Matter Expert
ICF is seeking a Social Worker with at least 10 years of experience and an interest in secondary research (e.g., literature reviews) to support our Department of Defense (DoD) client in the Washington, DC Metro Area (i.e., the DMV). This is not a care delivery position. Rather, the Social Worker SME will apply their prior clinical, mental healthcare, and scientific expertise to inform the development of clinical tools; and to provide psychoeducation to providers, patients and their families in the areas of suicide, sexual assault, trauma, and inclusive mental health. The Social Worker SME will assist with responding to congressional inquiries, requests for briefs on military mental health from senior leadership and providing other information regarding the state of military mental health, as well as ethical issues related to military health care.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide presentations on military behavioral healthcare that can be delivered both in person and via webinar
- Assist with development of clinical support tools, including written materials providing psychoeducation and overviews of best practices for providers, patients and their families
- Assist with responding to congressional inquiries, requests for briefs on military mental health from senior leadership and providing other information regarding the state of military mental health, as well as ethical issues related to military health care.
- Monitor and stay on top of current research in topics relevant to military mental health; conduct literature reviews as necessary
- Support projects that promote a culture of support for psychological health and evidence-based practices
- Carefully document ongoing projects and provide regular updates to leadership
- Maintain active engagement with current developments in the field of clinical psychology and related disciplines
- Provide evidence-informed written responses, sometimes within a very short turn-around time
- Perform administrative duties as needed
Mandatory Qualifications (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills):
- Masters degree or higher in a mental health field of practice
- Strong secondary research experience (e.g., literature reviews, systematic reviews)
- Prior experience delivering mental health services within the LGBTQ community
- Prior experience working with suicide, sexual assault, and/or inclusive mental health
- Demonstrate strong understanding and knowledge of issues pertaining to clinical practice
- Capacity to collaborate easily with peers, managers, and clients while leading program development to a completed and successful solution
- Strong organization skills to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of client’s timelines and budgets
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
Desired Qualifications (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills):
- Masters degree or higher in Social Work
- LSW, LCSW, LISW, LICSW
- Demonstrated experience communicating (verbal and written) with diverse audiences to convey clinical processes, problems, and solutions
- Experience and knowledge of U.S. military organizations and other government agencies
- Experience publishing peer-review journal articles and other scholarly and/or government-related documents.
- Ability and experience writing or developing concise reports, spreadsheets, documents and presentations containing evidence-informed information using common computer-based applications
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Washington, DC (DC02)