Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Media Relations Specialist
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Here’s your chance to join our award-winning agency, ICF Next. We’re changemakers, a community of mission driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists. We’re searching for our next Media Relations Specialist. This role requires a public affairs and/or media relations background in the public sector and will focus on communications activities that support federal health agencies across the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Strong candidates will have experience supporting clients with planning and executing successful media relations campaigns, generating news coverage, and demonstrated capabilities writing communications materials for both internal and external audiences. Experience supporting government communications operations is highly preferred. If you are passionate about public health, strategic communications, working with the media, thought leadership, and have the requisite prior experience, we'd love to talk to you. This is an exciting role offering excellent opportunities to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
- Provide insightful and strategic recommendations to clients related to media coverage of complex, high-profile public health topics.
- Oversee regular reports that are key to media relations and public affairs programs.
- Oversee the production of national, regional, trade and targeted media lists.
- Develop communications materials in support of new or expanding programs and initiatives, including press releases, talking points, messaging frames, media advisories, toolkits, and other communications products.
- Collaborate with colleagues to create external communications plans that align with and complement vertical plans in the marketing, public relations, and branding spaces.
- BS/BA in Marketing, PR, Journalism, or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated public relations and/or media relations experience.
- U.S. Citizenship required (Required by Federal government for the position).
- Experience leading implementation of media relations activities.
- Experience assisting in the research, planning, and strategic development of a comprehensive public relations, outreach and awareness campaigns.
- Ability to work with client and project team members.
- Knowledge of public relations, and integrated media.
- Excellent communication skills, especially written.
- Strong project management and presentation skills.
- Strong research and organizational abilities, including interpreting large volume of data, presenting to clients with confidence and meeting deadlines.
- Self-starter, with ability to independently manage tasks and handle multiple priorities.
- PR agency, journalism, corporate or government agency experience.
- Experience mentoring and/or supervising media relations or public relations specialists.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
$66,658.00 - $113,319.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)