Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Media Relations Specialist
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Here’s your chance to join our award-winning agency, ICF Next. We’re changemakers, a community of mission driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists.
We’re searching for our next Media Relations Specialist. This role requires a public affairs or public relations background and will focus on communications related activities that support federal agencies, as well as state and local municipalities on transportation, environmental, and homeland security issues.
Strong candidates will have experience supporting clients with media relations activities and executing communications strategies. Experience supporting government communications operations is highly preferred. If you are passionate about building strategic communications, working with the media, establishing thought leadership or executing community engagement plans, and have the requisite prior experience, we'd love to talk to you. This is an exciting role offering excellent opportunities to work across multiple contracts in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
- Develops regular reports that are key to media relations and public affairs programs.
- Produce national, regional, trade and targeted media lists, including U.S.-based non-English outlets.
- Provide recommendations to the client related to media coverage of immigration, public health, and/or environmental issues.
- Develop communications materials in support of new or expanding programs and initiatives, including fact sheets, press releases and advisories, videos, toolkits, talking points and other communications products.
- Provide staff with timely issues/crisis communications support.
- BS/BA in Marketing, PR, Journalism, or related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years of demonstrated experience
- Assisting in the research, planning, and strategic development of a comprehensive public relations, outreach and awareness campaign.
- Working with client and project team members.
- Knowledge of public relations, and integrated media.
Preferred Skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills, especially written.
- Strong research and organizational skills, including processing large volume of data.
- PR agency, corporate or government agency experience preferred.
- Self-starter, with ability to manage tasks and handle multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
Job Location(s): This position is located in either ICF’s Fairfax, VA or Rockville, MD office in a hybrid telework arrangement.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)