Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Location: This is a Hybrid role and would require residence in the New York City Metro area
Ready to make a difference?
The Marketing Specialist will be part of the energy account services team and will work on planning, development, and implementation of marketing and advertising strategies and communications activities to support our energy efficiency efforts with government and utility clients in the Northeast. The account services team conducts all aspects of marketing to include advertising, strategic planning, research, social media, earned media, website design, events, outreach, and partnerships. To implement marketing campaigns, the team works with a 150-person creative web, and media services group. We help our clients and communities use less energy, reduce carbon emissions, and save money through the development, implementation and refinement of marketing and outreach initiatives. We are looking for someone who is as passionate about our work as we are and has the skills and attitude to be successful.
Why you will love working here:
- Quality of life: Flexible workplace arrangements, work-life balance
- Investment of the community: Donation matching, volunteer opportunities
- Investment in you: Tuition reimbursement, access to professional development resources, 401k matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- And many, many more (Ask your recruiter for more details!)
What you will be doing:
- Supporting the marketing, advertising, and outreach initiatives of energy efficiency programs for governments and utilities located in the Northeast region.
- Serving as primary content developer to support marketing initiatives, including development of monthly social media content calendars, e-blasts, website content, and more.
- Working directly with clients to develop and implement marketing and communications plans to educate business customers about energy efficiency in their buildings and drive participation in retrofitting and energy efficiency programs.
- Working with ICF Next creative services team to fulfill the development of marketing materials including advertising campaigns, websites, direct mailers, brochures, forms, email and direct mail campaigns, video, print, outdoor, etc.
- Working with the ICF Next Media Services team to develop, propose, and implement vertical marketing and advertising campaigns, coordinating the deployment of integrated outreach campaigns across broadcast, print, online, social media, events, etc.
- Managing the review and approval process for marketing materials, including working across the organization to deploy efforts (IT, program management, client).
- Preparing monthly reports on activities and results of the marketing program.
- Tracking invoices to assist leadership with budget management.
- Conducting market research and presenting findings to internal stakeholders.
- Developing and executing business growth strategies, including marketing to potential clients, and helping to respond to RFPs.
What we need you to have (minimum qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related subject) and 2+ years of work experience in marketing, advertising, social marketing, or related field.
- 5+ years of working experience in marketing, advertising, social marketing, or related field.
What we would like you to have:
- Skilled copywriter with experience writing and publishing articles, blogs, papers and marketing content
- Experience conceptualizing and developing educational marketing and/or outreach materials.
- Well-organized with a can-do attitude and the ability to handle multiple tasks and competing priorities effectively.
- Working in an advertising agency and/or on a consumer marketing account.
- Experience driving results through marketing and tracking results to prove ROI.
- Developing and implementing marketing communications plans, with the ability to manage and execute advertising, collateral development, digital and social media projects.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and to manage multiple projects, deadlines, and priorities.
- Interest in, knowledge of and commitment to energy efficiency, decarbonization, and sustainable living.
- Consulting experience, including project management, and history of positive client relationships.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the energy and utility sector.
- Strong desire to learn and problem solve.
About ICF's Advertising and Marketing Capabilities:
ICF is a consulting firm with the 8th largest independent marketing agency in the country, ICF Next. Our Marketing team is made up of more than 1,700 communications professionals. Within this team, is a marketing account services team who support energy clients through marketing strategy, advertising, and other marketing services to promote energy solutions, with a primary focus on energy efficiency and decarbonization. This team produces award-winning marketing work that changes behavior and ultimately, helps individuals, communities, and the environment.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
New York, NY (NY18)