Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Managing Consultant – Energy and Climate team
Managing Consultant – Energy and Climate team
(August 2021) – Permanent and full-time.
ICF helps its clients to consider the impacts of policy choices on the environment, climate, society, health and the economy. We offer research, analysis and programme management services to policymakers in the UK Government, European Commission and national governments around Europe. We provide decision-makers with evidence on impacts, advice on how policies are working and analysis of the likely effects of proposed policies. Our work involves technical analysis and modelling, including substantial, repeated service work under UK and EC programmes.
Our Energy and Climate team works extensively at the intersection of policy and practice, helping government and commercial clients worldwide devise effective energy and climate strategies and deliver implementation programmes to support the transition to a low carbon economy.
For example, we are currently working on:
- Technical and economic analysis to underpin energy efficiency incentives
- Ecodesign and labelling regulations for a wide range of energy-using products
- Implementing grant support programmes for industrial energy efficiency and innovative, international climate policy technical assistance
- Implementing financial mechanisms to deploy innovative renewable energy and low carbon technologies at large scale
- Sustainability programmes in industry and commerce
We would like to add a Managing Consultant to the Energy and Climate team to contribute and expand our work in delivering sustainability and circular economy strategies and programmes. This recruitment is for energy and climate professionals with >10 years post-graduate experience.
Work as part of a multi-national, collaborative team of energy and climate consultants, engineers, and economists:
- Win, manage and deliver energy and climate technical assistance contracts for private and public sector clients
- Developing sustainability and circular economy (CE) strategies and exploring ways of achieving CE and sustainability targets
- Lead research, analysis, technical assistance projects in energy-intensive sectors, focusing on low carbon, energy efficiency solutions, and resources efficiency
- Build and maintain relationships with key clients
- Manage project teams and subcontractors, taking responsibility for meeting client needs within quality, time and cost constraints
- Promote the company at client meetings, events, networking groups and through social media channels by providing thought leadership content on pertinent topics
- Maintain appropriate records / uphold quality assurance integrity
- Support business development activities
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related discipline (e.g., energy, climate, sustainability, environmental science, or policy)
- Experience of sustainability strategies and circular economy principles and reporting
- Experience winning and successfully delivering energy and climate consulting projects for private and public sector clients
- Knowledge of the UK and international environmental and climate policies and programmes
- Interest in or knowledge of Life Cycle Assessments (LCA)
- Project and proposal management experience
- Strong quantitative and quantitative analysis capability
- A curious and inquisitive nature and passion for sustainability.
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in the energy and climate sector.
- Masters' degree in engineering or related discipline
- Ability to work within multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary consulting teams spread across several countries and time zones.
- A good understanding of the commercial drivers to sustainability
- Experience carrying out Life cycle assessments (LCA) using accredited databases and tools
- Line management experience in a professional consulting environment
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigour to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
ICF (NASDAQ: ICFI) provides professional services and technology solutions that deliver beneficial impact in areas critical to the world's future. Since 1969, we have combined a passion for our work with deep industry expertise to tackle our clients' most important challenges. We partner with clients around the globe—advising, executing, innovating—to help them define and achieve success. Our more than 7,000 employees serve government and commercial clients from more than 70 offices worldwide. ICF's website is www.icf.com.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
London Riverscape (GB75)