Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Managing Consultant – Clean Energy Systems
ICF helps its clients to consider the impacts of policy choices on the environment, climate, society, health and the economy. We offer research, analysis and programme management services to policymakers in the UK Government, European Commission and national governments around Europe. We provide decision-makers with evidence on impacts, advice on how policies are working and analysis of the likely effects of proposed policies. Our work involves technical analysis and modelling, including substantial, repeated service work under UK and EC programmes.
Our Energy and Climate team works extensively on improving energy efficiency and mitigating greenhouse gas emissions at national and international level. Our experts work at the intersection of policy and practice, helping government and commercial clients worldwide devise effective energy and climate strategies and deliver implementation programmes.
For example, we are currently working on:
- Technical and economic analysis to underpin energy efficiency incentives
- Ecodesign and labelling regulations for a wide range of energy-using products
- Implementing grant support programmes for industrial energy efficiency and innovative, international climate policy technical assistance
- Implementing financial mechanisms to deploy innovative renewable energy and low carbon technologies at large scale
- Competitiveness analyses of the European low carbon industry
- Technical assistance to help EU Member States implement their National Energy and Climate Plans (NECPs)
- Sustainability programmes in industry and commerce
We would like to add a Managing Consultant to the Energy and Climate team, to contribute and expand all aspects of our work and lead our service offerings in clean energy systems.
Work as part of a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary consulting team spread across several countries and time zones, often taking leadership roles to:
- Win, manage and deliver energy and climate projects for public sector clients, taking a lead in clean energy systems
- Build and maintain relationships with key clients, including pertinent Directorates of the European Commission
- Manage project teams and subcontractors, taking responsibility for meeting client needs within quality, time and cost constraints
- Promote the company at client meetings, events, networking groups and through social media channels by providing thought leadership content on pertinent topics
- Maintain appropriate records / uphold quality assurance integrity
- Support business development activities
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, environmental economics or related discipline
- 10+ years of professional consulting experience, with at least 5 years cumulative experience delivering projects for the European Commission
- Demonstrated experience winning and successfully delivering energy and climate consulting projects for the European Commission, specifically DG Energy and/or DG Reform
- Expertise in clean energy systems, such as renewable energy and low carbon technologies
- Knowledge of the applicable EU energy and climate policy framework
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analysis capability
- Strong written and oral English communication
- Masters’ degree in engineering or related discipline
- Line management experience in a professional consulting environment
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Brussels, Belgium (BE75)