Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Manager, Organizational Design and Change Management
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for an Organizational Design and Change Management Manager.
What we are Looking For:
We hope to hire an experienced consultant to act as a trusted advisor to clients, focusing on organizational design, process design, organizational development and change management. Our clients are cross industry, but often lead communications, marketing and government affairs functions. This role will require a good understanding of capabilities and operations in those functions.
We look for solution-oriented leaders who have strong experience solving difficult client issues and working in matrixed client environments. Our team members should be focused on client excellence, but also on team excellence. This means the continuous improvement of themselves and others they lead, and honing a leadership style that builds strong, collaborative teams.
As an Organizational Design and Change Management Manager you will:
Advise clients and build client relationships
- With the help of a Partner or Senior Director, act as an advisor to your client, building trust in all interactions and growing client relationships.
- In meetings and beyond, have comfort and success making strategic recommendations to clients based on understanding business needs, data analysis and subject matter expertise.
- Lead client interactions for workstreams, including email, calls and workshops.
- Look for opportunities to offer new solutions to your clients and to suggest new service areas.
- Positively manage client expectations and understanding around timeline, work product and scope.
Oversee organizational design, assessment and change management client accounts
- Lead the client team to consolidate research inputs and present recommendations for client’s organizational improvement and/or change management plans (e.g. training, new process, new org design).
- In efficiency projects, lead approach to review of client financials to look for opportunities for better impact in planned spending.
- With oversight, lead client meetings and presentations on a regular basis. Also, appropriately coach and give opportunities to your other team and workstream leads for presentation opportunities.
- Manage workstreams handling large-scale transformation including approaches to tracking talent placement and design changes or planning change interventions.
- Manage and directly produce work across the lifecycle of the project such as, designing and writing content for executive-facing presentation decks, building leadership team agendas, writing change businesses cases, building strategic planning approaches and drafting senior job descriptions.
- Develop client-ready work product and presentations
- Review and oversee all account processes to ensure the team is completing work of high quality.
- With others, support proposals, RFP responses and participate in pitches.
- Build internal and external relationships to fortify and manage a growth pipeline.
- Suggest areas of thought leadership and occasionally contribute to firm thought leadership efforts.
- Collaborative growth efforts with Partners and other account leads, plus organic growth
Team leadership and mentoring
- Mentor junior team members across the organization as part of continuous focus on development
- Develop yourself, consistently looking for new ways to learn and lead.
- Motivate and coach the team to do their best work.
- Be available to others as a resource for learning and support.
- Foster high psychological safety and trust on the team.
- Promote a positive, collaborative environment.
- 3+ years of professional management consulting experience or similar in organizational design, development, change management, people operations or engagement
- 3+ years of client-facing experience
- Some experience with financial analysis and/or business planning
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree - preferred in business, communications or related
- Strong leader
- Experience in navigating complex client and/or organizational situations
- Strong presentation and communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving
- High comfort with a fast-paced environment
- Self-directed when given ambiguous goals or objectives
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite, including comfort in PowerPoint and Excel
- Advanced business acumen and analytical thinking
- Ability to travel 20%-30% of the time
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)