Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Manager, Learning and Development, Victim Services (REMOTE role)
Manager, Learning and Development, Victim Services
ICF seeks a Learning and Development Manager with experience working on victim service assistance issues in American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) communities. Individuals must demonstrate a knowledge of strong management practices, national trends and initiatives, cultural sensitivity, effective training, and technical assistance (TTA) planning / implementation, and current research on evidence-based Technical Assistance (TA) practices and methods. This opportunity will allow the Learning and Development Manager to support the Department of Justice’s, Office for Victims of Crime (OVC) in their continued commitment to provide relevant resource and tools to provide support to AI/AN communities.
This position will perform a range of analytical, writing, problem-solving and related work in the management of training development activities.
- Supervise a staff made up of TFMC/ICF employees and Contract Staff to provide comprehensive curriculum development, instructional design, coordinate webinar and other media development and presentations, and communicate effectively with TFMC Team Leaders and Staff.
- Advertise, negotiate, and maintain contract support positions for the Learning and Development Team in TFMC.
- The Learning and Development (L&D) Manager will promote a supportive work environment that contributes to the health, well-being, and productivity of TFMC/ICF Staff.
- The L&D Manager will follow the communications protocol in engaging staff in a manner that clearly delineates supervisory authority and management of the TFMC.
- Update the Project Director on team processes to inform internal continuous quality improvement
- Serve on the project leadership team
- Work in partnership with various TFMC Team Leaders and ICF Staff to provide consistent, clear training development and implementation guidance and support of all services provided by TFMC.
- Engage a data-informed approach to TA planning and resource development
- This person will collaborate with a variety of client and project points of contact. The candidate will plan and carry out concurrent activities to ensure timely development and implementation of all deliverables, and display decisiveness, diplomacy and sound judgment in resolving difficult problems in work assignments, which are often of a complex and sensitive nature. The candidate will multi-task, and display sensitivity to the confidential nature of federal client work and of the communications between ICF and clients.
- The L&D Manager shall develop reports, communications for the client, and support TFMC/ICF reporting requirements for the client and other entities as needed.
- Design and develop online and face-to-face trainings in support of the Office for Victims of Crime Tribal Financial Management Center (OVC/TFMC).
- Manage the development and implementation of TA templates and processes, assessing and modifying as necessary to align with financial management, evaluation, communication, and operations needs
- Create instructionally sound trainings, including developing learning objectives, assessments, course outlines, learning activities, case studies, job aids, and reference materials for online delivery.
- Monitor applications and ensure e-learning trainings are working properly.
- Assist in supporting the process for web-based courseware testing and development.
- Create storyboards, scripts, and course video content using software such as Articulate 360.
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), OVC staff, and OVC TFMC internal staff in the design and development of trainings.
- Manage training development projects, including managing SMEs and internal staff, project planning, creating development schedules, and executing deliverables.
- Develop instructional media materials including slides, graphics, and audio to support instruction.
- Monitor and respond to instructor and participant feedback to improve training materials and ensure their currency.
- Provide hands-on assistance for technology integration to team, SMEs, instructors and participants both during development and delivery.
- Serve as System Administrator for multiple learning management systems (LMS), SAP Litmos.
- M.A. or M. Ed. in Instructional Design, Adult Education, Distance Learning, or related field.
- 5 years of proven experience as an Instructional Designer designing and managing online and face-to face training projects.
- Experience in managing a diverse staff to focus on Objectives and Deliverables to support TFMC/ICF clients present and future.
- Experience with one or more LMSs (such as Desire2Learn or SAP Litmos).
- Experience in bringing together text, images, video, and audio in both traditional and e-learning trainings.
- Experience integrating instructional technology into trainings.
- Familiarity with the application of adult learning theory to training.
- Experience with developing scenario-/goal-/problem-based training.
- Experience with 508 compliance and SCORM requirements.
- Knowledge of victim services field preferred.
- Experience with Articulate 360 Suite of tools, including Storyline and Rise.
- Experience with Adobe Captivate 9.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well individually as well as in teams.
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)