Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Magento Senior Software Developer, Martech Solutions
At ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
Reporting to the Partner, Technology Solutions, the Magento Sr. Developer is part of a collaborative team which sells and creates innovative solutions for our current and prospective clients. The Magento Sr. Developer will play a critical role in driving the software and technical development, design and implementation of these client’s initiatives. This person will be responsible for leading and mentoring other intermediate and junior developers on specific projects.
- A Mentor, you lead by example and challenge other to push their boundaries
- A Self-Starter, you’re an expert in your field but still eager to improve your skillset in the ever-evolving medium of the web.
- Collaborative, you enjoy working with several cross functional teams on daily basis
- An effective communicator, you have the charisma to command attention, strategize and problem-solve on your feet when needed with internal and external team members. You have a mastery of written language, able to deliver compelling technical proposals to new and existing clients
Your key responsibilities:
Here’s what you’ll be doing day to day…
- Technical Strategy: Discuss technical solutions with the architect, current clients, prospective clients and the internal team and provide innovative new ideas to create a functional and attractive digital environment.
- Code Reviews: enforce best practices, code guidelines and ensure code quality is up to required standards.
- Implement: develop and maintain omni-channel applications using the Magento Platform with appropriate software design methodology and in a dynamic and fast paced team environment. Use the latest best practice learning from the industry to help Customers ensure that marketing campaigns and solutions are fully integrated and fine‑tuned via data driven insights. Participate in development of implementation schedules, system implementation planning and execution.
- Documentation: participate in discovery of technical project requirements, scope and provide recommendations. Assist with defining digital marketing solution and consulting scopes.
Your Experience & Intangible traits:
The ideal candidate for the Magento Sr Developer position will possess the following competencies:
- Must be a Certified Magento Developer
- 5+ years of experience in working with Magento 1 & 2 Enterprise Edition, customizing and enhancing web store, ideally in a Magento Cloud environment
- Experience with LAMP/PHP and supporting frameworks, ideally Zend
- Experience working with MySQL & SQL databases
- Experience working with internal and third-party APIs
- Experience in developing and supporting responsive web design using modern frameworks such as Angular, React, or Ember
- Experience in cross browser testing
- Experience in Caching & Performance improvement
- Knowledge of current digital marketing trends and best practices on topics such as personalization, cross channel marketing, mobile, data driven optimization of experiences
- Ability to define conceptual technology solutions and articulate the value of technology to drive creative marketing platforms and present technology solutions to both technical and non-technical clients.
- Ability to methodically estimate technology execution scope of work in terms of budget and resources
- Ability to leverage existing technology tools as well as research and apply new and experimental technologies to achieve business goals
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, management information systems, mathematics or equivalent.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Full health benefits (100% dental coverage, prescription, vision, massages, life insurance and short term/ long term disability)
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Employee support program
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, education assistance programs
- Catered Friday lunches
- Loaded snack cupboards
- Friendly community with lots of social events – from boat cruises to volleyball tournaments
- Participation in charity initiatives
Like what you see and think you’re a perfect fit? Apply today.
Please be assured we’ll treat any information you share with us with the utmost care, only use your information for recruitment purposes and will never sell it to other companies for marketing purposes. Please review https://www.icf.com/legal/Canada-privacy-statement to view ICF’s Privacy Statement for more details.
At ICF Next, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to creating a culture with a diversity of talented individuals who join, stay, and work in an environment that enables them to thrive. ICF Next is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Toronto, Canada (CD80)