Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Lifecycle Analysis Modeling Expert
Do you enjoy leading a team that works in renewables, biofuels, renewable chemicals, fuel cells, hydrogen, energy storage, and or conventional power generation technologies? How about enabling project developers, financial institutions, and owners/investors to bring new projects online that support the future of energy around the globe?
ICF’s TECHNICAL ADVISORY TEAM IS DOING JUST THAT!
Our work is focused on enabling the development of, and investment in energy infrastructure. Working within the Technical Advisory group, your role as analyst will be supporting low carbon fuel and carbon intensity reviews. You will be joining a growing and motivated team of industry experts, with a rewarding team culture. As a member of the Technical Advisory team, you will be delivering high-value technical diligence consulting, and offer solutions for mitigating technical and commercial challenges encountered by our clients. You will have an opportunity to work across energy technologies, and engage with clients and industry stakeholders on the opportunities of the evolving energy industry.
Technical Advisory provides comprehensive energy industry advisory services supporting strategic investments, portfolio management, operational planning, market developments, policy analyses, regulatory support, and customer engagement. We work collaboratively across several divisions within ICF, including our Power and Gas Market team, Environment and Planning team, and Transportation and Sustainability team. Consultants at ICF integrate their industry experience with advanced consulting and analytical skills.
You will be a key team member of a client facing consulting team preparing and reviewing Lifecycle Analysis (LCA) for low carbon fuels transactions including Carbon Intensity (CI) Analyses under the California Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS), US Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS), as well as emerging global programs. Additionally, you will assist low carbon asset owners with the preparation of Tier 2 and design-based pathways for submission to the California Air Resources Board (CARB) and Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (ODEQ).
What you will do:
To support our growth, we seek a Lifecycle Analysis Modeling Expert to work in our Technical Advisory line of business. The consultant will prepare CI and LCA reports, provide subject matter expertise to support low carbon fuel financial transactions, as well as have a key role in development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services. Team members at ICF have an opportunity to apply their experience and academic knowledge, gain exposure to major projects, and interact with experts and clients in the field, while building content knowledge and consulting skills. Team members advance in our consulting practice typically develop an area of special technical competence, with increasing responsibility for project management, modeling subject matter expertise, and client contact.
- Prepare CI and LCA reports for various low carbon fuels based on applicable CARB GREET models, voluntary protocols, and other LCA models on a stand-alone basis or as part of a broader report.
- Understand and adjust LCA and GREET inputs as necessary to respond to policy and technical changes by CARB and ODEQ, market changes in voluntary programs and changes in legislation/regulation in other markets and how they impact LCA/CI scoring in the markets of interest.
- Work with both technical personnel and low carbon fuel market experts to help them understand how different CI reducing efforts affect both the technical and financial performance of the projects.
- Prepare materials and assemble supporting documentation to support client applications to CARB/ODEQ for new pathways under the programs including Tier 1, Tier 2, and design-based pathways.
- Assist clients with development of monitoring programs for LCFS and similar programs.
- Interface directly with Clients to obtain necessary information and produce key deliverables
- Fluency in English, both speaking and writing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Environmental Sciences, or related disciplines and 3+ years of relevant energy industry experience or Master's degree plus 1 year of industry and or internship experience
- Demonstrated quantitative and modeling skills
- Ability to write clear concise reports outlining model outputs and input concepts
- Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Environmental Sciences, economics, environmental policy, mathematics, or operations research
- California LCFS and or Oregon CFP market experience
- Experience programming in R, Python, Matlab, or VBA
- Previous consulting experience
- Strong modeling skills
- Collaboratively executes their work with oversight and input from peers and superiors.
- Understands task expectations and how tasks fit in the overall project.
- Works collaboratively with project team and client to define and achieve established goals.
- Organizes written work in a manner that is clear, easy to follow, and tailored for the intended audience.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 7,000 full- and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
Bangalore, India (II76)