Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Licensed Engineer or Architect - Puerto Rico
At ICF we make BIG things happen. Let’s work together to help Hurricane victims and communities recover and re-build for future resilience. ICF’s growing Disaster Management division is assembling an outstanding team equipped to offer expert advisory services, bringing the strength of past performance and a hands-on integrated multidisciplinary approach. Join the ICF team and help make a difference.
Our team is hiring Engineers and Architects responsible for assisting municipalities (subrecipients) with defining and implementing recovery projects funded with CDBG-DR grants. You will support the team with all phases of the project, from conceptualization to construction oversight and invoicing and provide expertise on procurement, design oversight and construction management. This position will be hybrid - working in Cupey, Puerto Rico office and will involve driving throughout Puerto Rico for client meetings and overseeing projects.
To learn more about ICF's Disaster Management services, visit: https://www.icf.com/work/disaster-management
What you will do:
• Support the Project Manager and Project Assistant in daily operations and identified responsibilities.
• Assist the team in performing application evaluations to determine CDBG-DR programs eligibility of projects presented by subrecipients.
• Assist and/or perform initial review and comment of Applications, Draw Requests, Change Orders, Subrecipient Agreement Amendments, Budget Revisions, Closeout Documentation package.
• Perform risk assessment evaluations of application projects eligible for CDBG-DR and prepare and provide reports to present results and recommendations.
• Recommend projects for full development and review subrecipient’s work plans for development of projects including assisting in developing scope of works and cost estimates for design or management services requiring procurement.
• Prepare and implement work plan for environmental review performance in coordination with Environmental Professional as soon as subrecipient’s projects reach enough level of development to identify project elements and activities to start the assessment as established in 24 CFR Part 58.
• Coordinate and perform review of subrecipient’s construction documentation at 30 and 90% of development. The review must include CDBG-DR Special Conditions, scope agreement with Subrecipient Agreement, and cost estimates prepared by subrecipients.
• Prepare and communicate results of projects review.
• Maintain awareness, knowledge, and applicability of the most recent federal, Commonwealth and local construction codes that may apply to CDBG-DR programs.
• Provide guidance and recommend actions to handle changes and risks associated to changes in policies, regulations, and construction codes applicable to CDBG-DR programs.
• Prepare and deliver presentations.
• Provide direct support to Project Manager in coordinating, conducting, and documenting all necessary meetings, including outreach activities, trainings, and workshops Provide all necessary support in the development, preparation, and submission of required deliverables to the client.
• Become proficient in current program policies and procedures and recommend ways to improve project management, coordination, and monitoring.• Participate in meetings with subrecipients to provide Technical Assistance.
Must Have Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Architecture.
• Ten (10) years’ experience working as an Engineer or Architect.
• Must hold a current Engineer or Architect license in Puerto Rico.
• 1+ years of experience in the development of federally funded construction projects within the last five (5) years.
• Fluent verbal and written communication skills, bilingual Spanish and English.• Must have a valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
• Experience in the development of federally funded construction projects within the last five (5) years.• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft software including MS Project.
• Demonstrated ability to manage time and prioritize projects to meet deadlines.
• Excellent listening, written, and oral communication skills.
• Excellent critical thinking skills to help solve business problems and make decisions, paired with a desire to take initiative.• Ability to work well under continually changing deadlines and priorities.
This job is a Section 3 eligible job opportunity. We encourage applications from individuals that are low income and/or living in Public Housing.#LI-CC1
Working at ICF
ICF is a global advisory and technology services provider, but we’re not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge technology to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future. We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. Learn more about what we dohttps://www.icf.com/ and our commitment to inclusionhttps://www.icf.com/company/about/diversity-inclusion.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$83,665.00 - $142,230.00
Cupey, PR (PR07)