Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Lead User Experience Architect
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for a Lead User Experience Architect.
This role will provide overarching design, usability and content strategy for a federal digital public health project. The position will provide our client with expertise in creative problem solving and ensuring delivery of directed UX activities from the client, in collaboration with the development, visual design, and content teams for a large federal website enhancement effort. In this role, you will lead participatory design sessions, help plan and execute user research, and act as steward of the UX design and content strategy tasks.
This role requires effective facilitation and communication abilities, both oral and written, as well as proven client management and resiliency skills.
As a Lead User Experience Architect, you will:
- Suggest UX strategy direction to the client, collect client inputs, and deliver content and design products relevant to the website that clearly meet client direction
- Interact with the client and project team members in an integrated, tactful fashion while focusing on delivery and results
- Effectively speak the client’s language, focusing on outcomes and responsiveness to client demands over industry jargon
- Create prototype designs, conduct user research, guide information architecture approaches, and ultimately ensure client directions for content and design are executed in a timely fashion
As a Lead User Experience Architect, you will have:
- 8+ years of experience in a digital strategy, UX or similar role
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated resiliency and experience in client-facing roles requiring tactful communications in fast-moving environments
- Experience facilitating design sessions and workshops, creating research plans and reports, and applying content or information architecture best practices to web projects
- Experience with design patterns (i.e. UI components) and wireframing/prototyping alongside understanding of usability and accessibility best practices
- An understanding of content strategy and information architecture best practices relevant to large websites
Job Location(s): This is a remote position open to all U.S. citizens.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pennsylvania Remote Office (PA99)