Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF’s Survey Research Practice works regularly with federal and state government, nonprofit, for-profit, and academic clients such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the National Cancer Institute, the National Science Foundation, multiple state and city health departments, and multiple health nonprofits. The position will be involved in cutting-edge survey research addressing many of today’s pressing public health, energy, and scientific development challenges. If you are seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Safety of our employees are our top priority; due to current COVID-19 safety measures, employees who can work from home are required to do so. Once it is safe to resume standard practices of commuter travel and social interaction per government guidelines, we expect employees to maintain an office presence as required by projects needs and management leadership.
ICF’s Data Management and Statistics team (within ICF’s Survey Research Practice) is seeking a Lead Survey Statistician to lead and oversee sampling, weighting and statistical analysis support on a range of projects including public health, mental health and substance use, housing, military and veteran’s issues, energy, transportation, environment, and social and economic policy.
Successful candidates will have extensive experience in sampling and weighting for complex survey designs across various data collection methodologies (mail, web, CATI, etc.). They will be highly-experienced statistical programmers who work in SAS with proficiency in cleaning and reviewing data. They will have rich experience conducting various types of analysis and producing written technical documentation. Specifically, significant experience producing population estimates and conducting data analysis using weighted data from complex samples is required.
- Support the design of sampling approaches that balance precision and cost
- Develop efficient solutions to complex sampling problems
- Draw stratified and clustered samples
- Perform nonresponse analysis and calculate nonresponse adjustments
- Conduct advanced statistical programming tasks involving:
- Importing, cleaning, and transforming data for sampling and weighting
- Performing survey sampling techniques (e.g., simple random samples, stratified samples, and Multi-staged samples).
- Calculating survey weights
- Conducting statistical analysis on data that uses complex survey designs and generation of reports
- Supporting development of technical reports, manuscripts and other publications
- Work closely with project managers, clients, and stakeholders to transform requests into technical specifications and explain complex concepts to a wide range of audiences
- Work in a collaborative environment with colleagues from a diverse background
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Public Health, Survey Methodology or other relevant statistical or social science field
- At least 5 years of applied and demonstrable experience as a survey statistician
- Strong knowledge of SAS is required (SAS certifications are a plus).
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills as it relates to frame development and sampling
- Ability to communicate with internal and external clients at all levels to obtain or clarify project requirements
- Strong interest in survey research
- Familiarity with other statistical programming or scripting languages (R, SPSS, Stata, Python) a plus
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Strong intellectual curiosity
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Illinois Remote Office (IL99)