Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Lead SAS Programmer
ICF is seeking a Lead SAS Programmer to lead innovation in tackling complex data and analytical problems, develop and oversee data management and analytical processes and systems of varying complexity, and lead and mentor junior level technical staff. The successful candidate will oversee the management and integration of data from various sources (e.g., from surveys, administrative databases, public health surveillance, and biospecimen testing) and will work with teams of data managers, analysts, statisticians, project managers and clients. The Senior Data Manager will be a member of research teams across the practice and company that include project managers and substantive experts.
Once staff can return, this position will be onsite in our Rockville offices, with some telework possible.
- Perform, plan and coordinate efficient data management and analytical processes and systems for complex studies, including: (1) the programming of analysis datasets (derived datasets) and transfers of data for internal and external clients; (2) the programming, testing, and documentation of statistical programs for use in creating statistical tables, figures, and listing summaries; and (3) the programming of dataset quality control checks.
- Serve as expert consultant to clients to design data management pipelines and strategies to meet and exceed their requirements, including data integration, harmonization, and cleaning; data production; and analytical approaches.
- Provide advanced technical expertise to proactively identify areas for improvement or innovation, and implement and validate new processes and programming.
- Provide training and guidance for junior level technical staff honing skills in data cleaning, data production, and analysis
- Lead development of data management and analytical documentation including data user’s guides, codebooks, and public use dataset documentation
- Provide support and technical direction to project management staff on recommendations for technical and analytical best practices to achieve study goals, including development of programming strategies, standards, specifications and programmed analysis
- Contribute to technical report development and writing
- Master’s in public health, biostatistics, computer science or relevant social science or statistical field
- At least 7 years of applied and demonstrable data management and analytical experience supporting complex studies for Federal, state or local research efforts
- Advanced experience writing code using a variety of statistical software packages such as SAS, R, SQL, and/or Python
- Strong, demonstrable SAS competency required. Base and Advanced SAS certifications are a plus
- Knowledge of survey research is a plus but not required
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Team player with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)