Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Lead Research Scientist - Behavioral Health REMOTE
ICF is a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, multi-faceted consulting company, seeking a Lead Research Scientist. Our public health group is growing and we’re currently seeking a Lead Research Scientist This role will be part of a team working in support of CDC, NIH, SAMHSA, HRSA, private and nonprofit organizations, and/or state governments on a range of public health and behavioral health research and evaluation projects. Potential projects span a variety of topics including HIV prevention program evaluation, behavioral health data collection and analysis, evaluation of suicide prevention programs, evaluation of chronic disease prevention programs, and research and evaluation related to injury prevention.
A successful Lead Research Scientist at ICF must be able to identify and plan for, perform ,and direct staff in conducting routine data management tasks as well as complex and advanced statistical analysis as appropriate per the evaluation questions and evaluation design. The candidate must also be able to conceptualize and contribute to the development of plans and protocols as well as the synthesis of findings for various dissemination formats and various audiences.
ICF’s portfolio of projects includes the design and implementation of applied research and evaluation studies, such as program/policy evaluations, performance monitoring, systematic literature reviews and landscape analyses, and treatment and cost effectiveness studies. Our projects also involve the analysis of primary and extant data to understand relationship, process, outcome, and impact. A solid grounding and experience in leading research and evaluation activities in the areas of public health, social science, or behavioral science is necessary. Experience in one or more of the following content areas is a plus: substance misuse, suicide prevention, adverse childhood experiences, school health, emergency preparedness and response, and/or health disparities elimination.
**Please submit a writing sample along with your application.
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform and direct routine data management tasks (e.g., (data cleaning, data processing, merging data files) as well as complex and advanced statistical analyses.
- Prepare and/or coordinate the development of deliverables, such as reports and manuscripts (e.g., writing methods, approaches, and findings), presentations, summary briefs, and data visualizations (e.g., graphs, charts, infographics) to communicate study findings to professional and lay audiences
- Make significant contribution to the development of:
- data management and data analysis plans
- data collection protocols, such as recommendations for different sampling plans, data sources, and cost/time investments
- written or visual reports, including dashboards and infographics
- Mentor staff for career growth and development
- Contribute to business development by conceptualizing methodological approaches and technical writing.
- Master’s degree or PhD in public health, public policy, behavioral/social sciences, statistics, or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of applied social science research and evaluation experience involving management and analysis of quantitative health data.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and execute technical approaches to data management or analyses processes.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis and good knowledge of at least one statistical package (e.g., SPSS, R, Stata, SAS).
- Demonstrated success adhering to project timelines, budgets, and quality standards
- Experience leading report writing and other technical writings (include writing samples)
- Experience communicating effectively with all levels of internal staff, as well as clients and their partners and constituents
- Professional or educational experience in behavioral health (mental health or substance use treatment or prevention).
- Professional or educational experience in injury prevention.
- Proficiency in SAS.
- Experience developing dashboards or infographics in Tableau or similar tools.
- Experience with program evaluation.
- Multilingual, with the ability to translate documents or conduct data collection in real time with the appropriate cultural adaptations (Spanish or Portuguese preferred).
- Proactive and solution/problem-solving oriented when faced with challenges
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within a large team
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Atlanta, GA (GA18)