Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Lead Quality Assurance Automaton Engineer - Remote
We seek a Lead Quality Assurance Automation Engineer who is passionate about technology and looking for a high impact opportunity. The ideal candidate is committed to quality, have excellent communication and analytical skills, and prior experience building and maintaining automated test frameworks. This role is highly collaborative and requires the ability to understand complex systems/data both from both the user perspective and the technology perspective. Our ideal fit is well rounded in all facets of testing and able to independently investigate problems with strong automated and manual testing experience on web-based applications.
The team uses integrated human-centered design and quality assurance measures to implement highly modern, usable interfaces. Our mission is to help the government improve healthcare for patients and reduce cost. We value bringing individuals that are experts in their disciplines, highly communicative, and self-motivated to own their work. Technology and domain experts work side-by-side in highly dynamic teams that have all the roles necessary to deliver high quality digital services. In addition, critical to our success is forming teams of highly diverse individuals passionate about making a difference.
- Work closely with the leadership team on a large, complex program involving numerous, integrated software products
- Define and maintain test plans and test specifications for functional and automated regression, and performance testing
- Ensure the overall quality of all aspects complex software system, including data, APIs, and web application
- Identify gaps in test approach, strategize on a plan to fill the gaps, and then execute that plan
- Design and maintain automated test scripts covering fundamental front and backend functions in the application
- Work with IT Developers to improve automated testing where possible
- Work with developers and other automation engineers to create and maintain automation frameworks
- Create and manage defects through the product life cycle
- Generate test reports and traceability matrices as needed
- Translate high-level business requirements into test scenarios
- Work closely with engineering teams to discuss risk and risk mitigation
- Shape the overall QA process through application of best practices and new approaches to testing workflow
- Collaborate with independent validation and verification (IVV) testing teams on overall test strategy for the program.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of experience in a software testing role
- 2+ years minimum experience in a lead or leadership role
- Hands-on experience with different types of testing (System, Regression, Smoke, Integration, Performance, Load, etc.)
- Experience building automation frameworks from scratch
- Hands-on experience testing and debugging web-based software including use of in-browser development tools
- Hands-on experience with API testing tool such as Postman, Insomnia or Paw
- Hands-on experience with front end automation tools such as Cypress, Selenium, NightwatchJS, Puppeteer, or Playwright, or Ruby
- Solid understanding of Software Configuration Management concepts and methodologies
- Proficient in at least one source control tool (such as Git)
- Experience with Load, Stress, and Performance testing with tools such as Artillery.io, Locust.io, Jmeter or Gatling
- Experience with DevOps processes and setting up local environments with tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Jenkins.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and tools such as JIRA/Confluence
- Candidate must reside in the United States (currently, and for a minimum of 3 full years prior) and be able to obtain a Public Trust
- Bachelor’s in computer science or a master’s degree with 3+ years’ experience
- Experience creating/maintaining team test strategies, maturing team QA capabilities, and partnering with other QA leads for end-to-end testing for large cross functional launches
- Backend Data Validation testing experience
- Knowledge of SQL/no-SQL database concepts and testing of ETLs
- Experience with integrating automated testing into CI/CD processes
- Experience with automated cross browser testing using tools such as Saucelabs or Browserstack
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development frameworks like gherkin
- Experience in micro-services-based Architecture and messaging protocols preferred
- Web Accessibility (508) testing experience
- Experience with the JAWS accessibility tool
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Federal Government contracting work experience
- Strong critical thinking, attention to detail, problem solving and analytical skills
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Committed to quality and an enthusiasm for testing.
- Passionate about technology and end user experience
- Experience effectively communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and seek ways to improve overall team quality
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)