Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Lead Housing Counseling Specialist (REMOTE ROLE)
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference. Diversity & Inclusion, is simply who we are and what we do.
Lead Housing Counseling Specialist
ICF seeks a self-motivated Lead Housing Counseling Specialist to be an integral member of our technical assistance and training team. The candidate would be leading and supporting capacity building efforts for the U.S. Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and other Federal, state and local agencies.
You must be a dynamic, pro-active, team player able to work in a fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for supporting a wide range of technical assistance work products, including, providing training and technical assistance, conference planning and support, and developing products and written materials designed to help improve the effectiveness of HUD programs.
We are open to supporting 100% remote work anywhere within the US.
What you'll be doing:
- Managing large and small technical assistance and training engagements assisting housing counseling agencies in the design and implementation of HUD policies and programs, specifically the Housing Counseling program.
- Working across various HUD programs as well as skill areas including the HUD Exchange and communications
- Drafting written tools, including nationally based online newsletters and products.
- Performing quality control on products and tools to ensure compliance with regulations and ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Minimum 5 years experience in HUD’s Housing Counseling program through work in a state housing finance agency, national or regional intermediary, national advocacy group or by working for a local housing counseling agency.
- Passed the HUD Housing Counselor Certification exam, or oversight of a team of counselors who have passed the exam.
- Demonstrated success developing and delivering trainings, workshops and webinars; facilitation, and public speaking to a variety of audiences.
- Experience in developing and implementing written products, training materials, etc.
- Experience with conference and meeting planning.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills;
- Team player with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent copyediting and QA/QC skills;
- Outstanding customer service skills including being able to remain cool under pressure;
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Teams);
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities;
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Project and personnel management skills and experience a plus;
- Comfort with a remote team environment, intermittent travel is expected.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)